Synology solves data storage and sharing in a simple and reliable way
Redmond, Washington (Vocus) March 9, 2010
Synology America Corp., a leader in network attached storage servers today introduced the official release of DiskStation Manager (DSM) 2.3. With new features including encryption, quick easy setup of RAID volumes with SHR, backup to the Cloud, video surveillance with iPhone® DS cam and more, DSM 2.3 delivers the perfect data management solution for home users, small offices and medium sized businesses.
Built on the company’s award-winning DiskStation Manager firmware, the new DSM 2.3 is centered on helping customers share, protect and manage files quickly and effortlessly. The power of DSM 2.3 is in the integration and seamless user experience that Synology continues to deliver with their software and hardware combinations. DSM 2.3 was developed specifically for the DiskStation to serve as the digital hub of the home or office. With integrated applications for file sharing, remote access, automatic backup, multi-media streaming, surveillance and email or web hosting, the DiskStation with DSM 2.3 can economically replace multiple other devices and solve the needs of even the most sophisticated users.
“Synology solves data storage and sharing in a simple and reliable way,” says Doug Self, product marketing specialist at Synology America Corp. “With the new Synology Hybrid RAID, we’ve taken a complex task and made it so simple that even users with no knowledge of RAID can be up and running in no time regardless of the size of hard drives they’re using. By adding backup to the cloud using Amazon S3 service, DS cam iPhone app for Surveillance Station, encryption and other new enhancements, DSM 2.3 really elevates the user experience on the DiskStation and brings a whole new array of options for both personal and business use,” adds Doug Self.
DSM 2.3 Features and Benefits:
- Radically Easy RAID and Volume Management - Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) makes it very easy for customers to grow their storage capacity by adding new disks, or upsizing the capacity of disks. With minimal efforts from users, SHR ensures that storage capacity is automatically optimized even when different sized hard drives are used.
- Double Protection with Cloud Backup - Built in utility makes backing up to the cloud using Amazon S3 service simple. Now customers can have the best of both worlds; they can keep data on their DiskStation and have the extra protection of creating an off-site backup in the cloud.
- Peace of Mind with Encryption – New AES 256-bit shared folder encryption levels add even more flexibility. Encryption provides an additional layer of security if the DiskStation is stolen offering peace of mind for critical or private data.
- View Surveillance Station Feeds on iPhone® - With the new iPhone application, DS cam, customers who use Surveillance Station on their DiskStations can now view live and recorded events from their IP cameras on their iPhone. Checking on an office, warehouse or home was never easier with the new DS cam application.
- Easy Access to DiskStations from Internet – Customers can now setup their DiskStations to access from the Internet easily and quickly with the built-in EZ-Internet Assistant wizard that walk through all the complex settings like port forwarding and DDNS.
- Audio & Photo Station Enhancements - Now sharing photos and streaming music is an even better experience with new updates to both applications. Generate thumbnails with ease, recognize smart playlists, stream over LAN and web and create the ultimate multi-media sharing environment.
- Customizable Management UI – Advanced users, VARs and administrators will appreciate the new ability to customize the management user interface for specific uses or end users.
The official release of DSM 2.3 additionally includes; Wake on LAN ability, New Data Replicator 3 with Win7 support, new Synology Assistant, Updated File Station 3 and more.
For all the details on the DSM 2.3 release, visit Synology’s website. http://www.synology.com/us/products/features/index.php
AVAILABILITY - Synology DSM 2.3 firmware, Synology Assistant and Data Replicator 3 upgrades apply for the following models:
DS1010+, DS710+, DS410j, DS210j, DS110j, RS409+, RS409RP+, RS409, DS509+, DS409+, DS409, DS209+II, DS209+, DS209, DS209j, DS109+, DS109, DS109j, DS409slim, RS408, RS408-RP, DS508, DS408, DS108j, RS407, CS407, CS407e, DS207+, DS207, DS107+, DS107, and DS107e
Download DSM 2.3 for FREE http://www.synology.com/support/download.php?lang=us
View the LIVE DEMO of Synology DSM 2.3 online http://www.synology.com/us/products/demo/index.php
Founded in April of 2000, Synology Inc. is a leader in next-generation Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers for the home and small to medium sized business markets. Specializing in both hardware and software for network attached storage devices; Synology products are feature-rich, easy-to-use, energy-efficient, reliable and affordable. All Synology product investments are enhanced with product warranties, free software upgrades and 24/7 online support. Visit http://www.synology.com for more information
Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, Synology has a global presence with regional offices in the US (Redmond, Washington) and the UK (London, England).
Synology America Corp.