IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 14, 2008
Toshiba's Portégé M750 is designed, engineered and manufactured exclusively by Toshiba and is ideal for education, legal, healthcare, financial planning and insurance markets with prices starting at $1,699 (MSRP)(2).
Multimedia: Portégé M750
Toshiba's Portégé M750 tablet PC includes the following leading-edge technologies:
Touch Screen LED Backlit Display: The Portégé M750 detects the presence of a digital pen or a user's fingertip, automatically switching between the different input methods. Meanwhile, the 12.1-inch LED backlit display produces superb image quality and color saturation both indoors and outdoors. Full-Performance Processor Technology: The Portégé M750 is one of the few Tablet PCs incorporating a full-performance Intel® Centrino 2 processor with vPro Technology, which provides users with the power to efficiently run multiple applications simultaneously without system lag or strain. EasyGuard® Technology: The Portégé M750 features Toshiba's fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop's critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, EasyGuard is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one's laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(3), fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Integrated Optical Drive: Toshiba is one of the few manufactures to offer an optical drive in a Tablet PC. A built-in optical drive reduces the Portégé M750's travel weight by providing users with an all-in-one solution, eliminating the bulk and inconvenience of carrying additional drives and cables. Webcam: The Portégé M750's Webcam provides mobile professionals the flexibility to communicate face-to-face with colleagues, co-workers and loved ones when out of the office or traveling. The Webcam can take still photos, record video clips and record audio notes. Green Attributes: The Portégé M750 is ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and has achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council's Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT). Toshiba's Portégé M750 series is available with Toshiba's three-year standard limited warranty(4), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(5), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
1. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information
2. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturers Suggested Retail price."
3. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba's standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit http://www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
4. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
5. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
pc tablet, tablet pc, toshiba, toshiba laptop, toshiba notebook, toshiba portege tablet pc, toshiba tablet pc