Seattle, WA (PRWEB) June 18, 2010
- Taddy Hall, COO of Meteor Solutions, is speaking alongside David Ludica, Senior Director of MTV Networks Digital Ad Sales Insights, to share results of their collaboration and provide transferable takeaways for marketers seeking to manage and monetize Social Media.
- “Power Laws”: Meteor’s own data -- from clients such as Alaska Airlines, MTV and Liberty Mutual-- has shown how only a small fraction of site visitors are responsible for much of a brand's site traffic. On average, only 1%-2% of site visitors generate 20%-40% of a brand's total site traffic by sharing links with others. These influential brand advocates drive an even higher share of conversion. The implication: successful social media marketing isn't simply amassing thousands of followers, but instead identifying the most influential followers -- and activating them.
- During the presentation of the MTV-Meteor case study, attendees will learn essential tools and proven practices for successfully measuring, managing, and monetizing their social media programs.
- Lunch June 22 & 23, 2010: Taddy will also be part of lunch open to conference attendees between 12:30 and 1:30 at the Gallery 8, 8th Floor Conference Center. Taddy will be alongside executives from Arbitron, comScore, GfK MRI, Google, Millward Brown, NetBase, The Nielsen Company and Rentrak, and this lunch provides a way for attendees to meet leading industry executives and discuss today’s media measurement issues.
- Hall, formerly the CSO of The Advertising Research Foundation, is a recognized marketing authority, having co-authored The Online Advertising Playbook (Wiley, 2007) and Marketing Malpractice (Harvard Business Review, 2005).
- ARF: Audience Measurement 5.0 is for anyone who wants to better understand the latest developments in audience composition and measurement across platforms to ensure their company’s money is spent most effectively.
About Meteor Solutions
Meteor Solutions offers the only earned media marketing solution for advertisers and agencies. Meteor's hosted software enables marketers to measure, manage, and monetize earned media - the word of mouth conversations, blog posts, tweets, viral videos, and other unpaid content a brand creates or encourages - with the same precision as traditional paid media programs like search and display ads. With Meteor's hosted software, marketers can easily determine the real impact of social media marketing programs on traffic and conversion, find key influencers, and better engage target audiences. Meteor customers include brands such as Alaska Airlines, Microsoft, as well as agencies like Ayzenberg and Creature. Meteor Solutions is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington. For more information see http://www.meteorsolutions.com.
# # #