World Tai Chi & Qigong Day with thousands of participants ... aims to send a positive wave of energy around the world and draw attention to the benefits of (Tai Chi & Qigong) ... We should have World Tai Chi & Qigong Day every week.
(PRWEB) April 18, 2007
On Saturday, April 28th, at 10 a.m. local time (worldwide) a massive, spectacularly visual global health and healing event will be held in hundreds of cities in sixty nations. Free and open to the public these events welcome anyone interested in personal and global health and healing.
“World Tai Chi & Qigong Day with thousands of participants ... aims to send a positive wave of energy around the world and draw attention to the benefits of (Tai Chi & Qigong) ... We should have World Tai Chi & Qigong Day every week.”
-- International Herald Tribune
Announced by the US Dept. of Health & Human Services' National Health Observances Calendar and the American Public Health Association’s Calendar ... proclaimed officially by governors, senates, and mayors of many US states and nations ... World Tai Chi & Qigong Day 2007 is about to occur on April 28th. Past event locations included the United Nations and Nobel Peace Center.
Why This Global Health & Healing Event Is Held?
- To educate the public of medical research indicating that 70 to 85 percent of illnesses are caused by stress, and of the emerging medical research showing that Tai Chi & Qigong can profoundly benefit personal, physical, emotional and mental health.
- To provide a vision of health and healing that connects tens of thousands of participants traversing ethnic, religious, and geo-political boundaries.
Where Is This Event Held?
- Anyone in the world can visit http://www.worldtaichiday.org to find events being held in their area offering free teach-ins and exhibitions.
Who Holds This Event?
- International and national organizing is conducted by Founders Bill and Angela (Wong) Douglas. CONTACT: 913-648-2256 or billdouglas@ worldtaichiday.org, http://www.worldtaichiday.org
- Local event contacts available from http://www.worldtaichiday.org/MediaResources.html.
What Do Tai Chi & Qigong Offer?
At http://www.worldtaichiday.org under “Everyone’s Resources” ''Medical Research Searchable by Health Issue'' enables anyone to look up health issues, and see Tai Chi & Qigong medical research on their issue of concern.