At Target we know that the Back-to-School and Back-to-College season can be hectic for families
Past News ReleasesRSS
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) August 17, 2009
In just a few weeks, kids will be headed back to school. However, families that have yet to start their Back-to-School shopping have no need to worry because Target® has everything parents need to get their kids ready for the homeroom or the dorm room - all with a sharp eye on the bottom line.
"At Target we know that the Back-to-School and Back-to-College season can be hectic for families," says Kathee Tesija, executive vice president, Target. "We strive to make it easy for families by offering the convenience of one-stop shopping and a wide product assortment of affordably priced and stylish products that meet students' needs from kindergarten through college."
Students and parents can start their Back-to-School research at Target.com/kids, an online resource with interactive tools to help kindergarten through 12th grade students and their parents prepare for the first day of school.
Here are the top-five Back-to-School must-haves, according to the Target trend team.
- Fashion Denim: A Back-to-School staple, denim is still king and Target is the place to find it with every fit and wash, from embellishment and appliqués for girls to vintage and distressed styles for boys. Parents will love the price with denim for kids starting at $12.99.
- Tees and Hoodies: Eclectic, preppy or western-inspired, Target has all of the latest T-shirt and hoodie trends from Xhilaration®, Mossimo Supply Co. and Cherokee with prices ranging from $5.99 to $12.99.
- Backpacks and Messenger Bags: Kids searching for a unique backpack or messenger bag should look no further than Target. Target recently partnered with Italian artist Simone Legno for an exclusive, limited-time-only collection. Featuring his unique artwork inspired by Japanese design and animation, the Simone Legno for Target collection features a graphic backpack and a messenger bag for just $19.99 each. Target also carries a variety of cool, colorful backpacks from SwissGear and Ful.
- Eco Friendly School Supplies: Children are passionate about the environment. Equip them for school with various environmentally-conscious accessories that won't break the bank, such as pencil cases made from recycled plastic ($6.99) or reusable aluminum water bottles ($9.99).
- Locker Décor: Kids' lockers can be organized and stylish with the right locker décor. Featuring a magnetic mirror, pencil cup, photo frames and clips, these accessories will make their locker the envy of their friends ($2.49 - $4.99).
Parents sending their teens to college can visit Target for all of their Back-to-College needs. To make the process as easy as possible, Target.com/college features a downloadable checklist for dorm and apartment dwellers.
Here are some of the best finds for the Back-to-College season.
- Twin Sheets: The dorm-issued bed gets a fashionable makeover with graphic extra-long twin sheet sets available in many colors and prints. Students can also choose from environmentally-conscious offerings such as organic cotton fiber and bamboo jersey sheet sets. Target twin sheet sets are available for under $29.99.
- Reversible Comforter Set: College-bound students can make an instant statement in their dorm rooms with a Dror for Target reversible comforter set starting at $49.99. Created by internationally renowned designer Dror Benshetrit, the collection features chic, cheerful and modern textiles and decorative accessories. Pull the look together with coordinating decorative pillows and wall art.
- Storage Ottoman: Make the most of even the tiniest dorm room with multi-functional pieces like a storage ottoman that doubles as seating for $19.99.
- Netbook Computer: The netbook is a college student's best friend. The Acer Aspire 10.1 Netbook is light, compact and easy to tote from the dorm room to the classroom. It's light on the wallet too at just $299.99.
Co-eds who need more Back-to-College intelligence should check out the "Reality Check" Web video series at Target.com/college. The series features "Judge J" holding court on a variety of humorous college situations. The can also be viewed at the Target Facebook page.
About Target - US:
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,719 stores in 49 states nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education. Today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week.
Visit the Target Pressroom: Target.com/pressroom
Visit the Target BTS/BTC Electronic press kit: Target.com/bts_btc_lookbook