Osseo, MN (PRWEB) September 30, 2010
In response to the new legislation passed by Congress on June 28, 2010, Convey Compliance Systems is hosting the 2010 Comply + Connect (C2) Summit, the leading tax and regulatory compliance conference. The conference sessions will focus on educating corporations on how to mitigate the impact new reporting requirements will pose, including corporate reporting, merchant reporting, cost basis reporting and new withholding rules defined in the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) among other topics.
On October 17-19, 2010, at the Renaissance Marriot Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida, Convey Compliance will host its C2 Summit, offering a wide range of workshops, seminars and panel discussions featuring the compliance and reporting industry’s most experienced and influential leaders in tax, legal, finance and accounts payable.
Who Should Attend:
Convey’s C2 Summit is designed for accounting, finance, brokers/dealers and accounts payable professionals for all sizes of business looking to improve their knowledge of tax reporting rules and best practices for achieving cost-effective compliance.
C2 Summit scheduled sessions will cover:
- Corporate Reporting
- Requirements to Report Goods and Materials
- Electronic Forms W-8
- Merchant Payment Card Reporting
- State Reporting, Withholding and Enforcement
- B-Notices and Penalty Abatement
- 1042-S Compliance and Audits
- Account Opening Procedures for Regulatory Compliance
- Foreign Reporting Essentials
- Cost Basis Reporting
- IMY and QI Reporting
- Retirement Services Reporting
- Legislative Updates
- Industry Breakouts
- ...and much more, including training labs for technology solutions.
For a detailed agenda, please visit c2summit.convey.com
Convey’s C2 Summit features industry leaders covering timely regulatory topics:
- Glen Bover and Steve Neiss, Broadridge
- Marianne Couch and Jerri Langer, COKALA
- Cyrus Daftary, Burt, Staples & Maner
- Cheryl Riedlinger, The Tax Reporting Group
- Steve Mercatante, TaxInformationReporting LLC
- Debbie Pflieger, Ernst & Young
- Iris Goldman, Deloitte & Touche
- Mary Schaeffer, Accounts Payable Now & Tomorrow
- Representatives from the IRS, several Tax Operations and Accounts Payable professionals from many recognizable businesses will be sharing their leading practices around Tax Information Reporting.
For speaker biographies, please visit c2summit.convey.com
Earn up to 10 CPE Credits:
People attending the C2 Summit can earn up to 10 CPE credits. Convey Compliance is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
The C2Summit offers two registration options: a two-day registration pass for $895 and for those who want to spend time on more complex topics, a 3-day registration pass for $1295. Online registration is available at c2summit.convey.com.
# # #