If you have been thinking about running your first marathon, Team Reeve is here for you. We will guide you through your first marathon experience and make it unforgettable.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 16, 2009
The Chicago Chapter of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation announces the final call for runners to become a part of a Super Team in a Super City and run the 2009 Chicago Marathon on October 11th with a special pledge that makes a difference in the lives of so many.
"If you have been thinking about running your first marathon, Team Reeve is here for you. We will guide you through your first marathon experience and make it unforgettable."
"If you are a professional runner, running with Team Reeve will make you a winner in the eyes of so many people living with spinal cord injury and paralysis."
Once you join Team Reeve, you will receive:
- Personalized training plan and support from our certified Team Coach, Mark Zenobia
- Performance running t-shirt
- Team Reeve e-newsletters and online runners discussion group
- Fundraising assistance and tips
- Personal fundraising web page and ongoing assistance with the management and maintenance of your site
- Pre-marathon pasta lunch and team rally
- Overall support leading up to race day; Team Reeve cheering squads on course route
- Satisfaction of knowing with each mile marker you pass, your sweat and tears will make the difference in the lives of so many people living with spinal cord injury and paralysis
About Team Reeve
Team Reeve is the athletic fundraising program of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation. Teammates participate in marathons, triathlons, cycling, adventure races and more to raise money and awareness for the Reeve Foundation's spinal cord injury research and Quality of Life programs.
Team Reeve connects your athletic efforts with our mission. You might have a spinal cord injury, know someone affected by paralysis, or are simply drawn to the mission of the Reeve Foundation and inspired by those who support us. When you join Team Reeve, you are partaking in something larger than yourself and bringing new meaning to your athletic endeavor.
About Chicago Chapter of Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
The Chicago Chapter is committed to the vision of Christopher and Dana Reeve to cure spinal cord injury through the funding of innovative research and improving the quality of life for those living with paralysis through grants, information and advocacy. The Chicago Chapter will accomplish this by supporting an annual Chicago area fall fundraising event, propagating Team Reeve participation in the Chicago Marathon and hosting smaller fundraising, educational and outreach events.
For more information about Team Reeve and the Chicago Marathon, please contact Leigh Beachem at 1-800-225-0292
If interested in joining the Chicago Chapter, please contact Kelly Heneghan at 1-708-878-3736