These new laptops give Toshiba's customers the clear competitive edge and deliver Toshiba's mission of creating innovative laptop PCs that improve the productivity and lives of our business customers.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) July 14, 2008
"The Toshiba Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops provide the real-world mobile computing features that our business customers need most -- in the office or while traveling," said Jeff Barney, general manager and vice president, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "These new laptops give Toshiba's customers the clear competitive edge and deliver Toshiba's mission of creating innovative laptop PCs that improve the productivity and lives of our business customers."
Toshiba's Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops include the following leading-edge technologies:
Intel® Centrino® 2 with vProTM Technology: This new micro-architecture helps keep mobile workforces, managed and secure. With hardware-assisted remote isolation, diagnostics and repair, IT professionals can manage their mobile workforce wirelessly, even if the laptop's operating system is unresponsive. Intel® Centrino® 2 with vProTM technology also provides users with industry-leading performance, including faster wireless connectivity speeds(3) and longer battery life(4). EasyGuard Technology: The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 are Toshiba's first laptops to incorporate Toshiba's fourth-generation EasyGuard technology, including HDD protection, spill-resistant keyboard(5), SmartCard reader, fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Webcam with Business Card Reader Software: Toshiba expanded the functionality of the standard 1.3 megapixel Webcam by integrating macro functionality with business card reader software to allow users to scan business cards and store them digitally on the Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops. Common Motherboards: To better reduce the cost for customers and simplify the deployment of new laptops, the Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 feature a common motherboard and image, allowing companies to qualify both systems by qualifying one. This value-added feature also helps to lower the cost of service and support. eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo Port: With an increased emphasis on data backup and protection, Toshiba incorporated an eSATA port to enable the high-speed transfer of files between the laptop and an external eSATA hard drive with transfer rates that are up to five times faster than standard USB 2.0. Sleep-and-Charge USB Port(6): All Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptop PCs feature Sleep-and-Charge USB ports, which enable users to charge select mobile devices, such as cell phones, MP3 players and PDAs whether the computer is on, off, in sleep mode or hibernation mode. Solid State Drive Option: Toshiba offers a full Build-to-Order configurability(7) on these Tecra laptop series, allowing customers to add a 64 or 128 GB solid-state drive(8) for enhanced reliability. Green Attributes: The Tecra M10 and A10 laptops are ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and have achieved a Bronze status through the Green Electronics Council's Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT). Multimedia: Tecra M10 Photos, Tecra A10 Photos
Complete product specifications for all Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops are available at http://www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/tecra/M10 and http://www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/tecra/A10. The Tecra M10 has a starting MSRP of $1,399(9), while the Tecra A10 pricing is still to be determined.
The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptop PCs are available with a one- or three-year standard limited warranty(10), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba makes all new laptops to be RoHS-compatible(11), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. During the third quarter of 2008, Toshiba will offer a computer trade-in and recycling program for all manufacturers' PCs with no obligation for the consumer to purchase a Toshiba product.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $76 billion. For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at http://www.toshiba.com.
1. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
2. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
3. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
4. Battery Life. Measured by MobileMark™. Battery life may vary. See Battery Life Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
5. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba's standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit http://www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
6. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
7. Build-to-Order/Configure-to-Order. Certain notebook chassis are designed to accommodate all possible configurations for an entire product series. Your select model may not have all the features and specifications corresponding to all of the icons or switches shown on the notebook chassis, unless you have selected all those features. Configuring (customizing) your notebook takes an additional 12 to 15 working days.
8. Drive Capacity. Drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
9. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
10. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
11. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba's Digital Products Division today announced the Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops with Intel Centrino(R) 2 with vPro technology(1).
centrino, intel, laptop, laptop pc, laptop pcs, microsoft, tecra, toshiba, vista