USB Sleep & Charge function
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 14, 2008
The Tecra M10 and the Tecra A10 each feature Intel Centrino 2 with vPro processor technology to provide powerful performance, 7200rpm hard drive, NVIDIA® Quadro NVS 150M with TurboCache(TM), 256MB of dedicated graphics memory(2) as well as a high-resolution display. These innovative laptops were designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, resulting in high quality and enhanced reliability making them ideal for today's small to medium business and education market segments.
Multimedia: Tecra M10 and Tecra A10
Toshiba's Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 include the following leading-edge technologies:
EasyGuard® Technology(3): The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops feature Toshiba's fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop's critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, Toshiba's EasyGuard Technology is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one's laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(4), fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Business Card Reader Software: Toshiba's 1.3-megapixel Webcam features macro functionality with Presto! BizCard Reader 5 software, allowing business users to quickly and easily scan business cards and organize them into a convenient and searchable database or export to a contact management software program of your choice. Face Recognition Software: This technology uses the Tecra M10's and Tecra A10's integrated Webcam to grant or deny access to the laptop based on a series of recorded images of the user's face. This provides mobile professionals with another convenient way to log onto their laptop. Ease of Deployment: To better reduce the cost for customers and to simplify the deployment of new laptops, the Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 feature a common motherboard and image. This system commonality also minimizes service and support for organizations. USB Sleep-and-Charge/eSATA Combo Port(5): This unique port provides convenience and speed by allowing data transfers to and from an eSATA external hard drive at rates up to five times faster than USB 2.0, and the ability to charge select USB mobile devices whether the laptop is on, off, in sleep or hibernation mode. Green Attributes: The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 are ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and have achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council's Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT). The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 series are available with a three-year standard limited warranty(6), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(7), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit Green Programs | Toshiba. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
1. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
2. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
3. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
4. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba's standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit http://www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
5. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
6. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
7. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
business laptop, laptop, laptop computer, laptop pc, laptop pcs, laptop toshiba, toshiba, toshiba laptop, toshiba laptop computer, toshiba notebook