Designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, the Tecra R10 provides high quality, enhanced reliability and premium mobility features for professionals who need a thin-and-light laptop PC with a larger display
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 14, 2008
Business users will also find Toshiba packed the performance of an Intel Centrino 2 with vPro processor technology, NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS with 128MB of dedicated graphics memory(5) as well as a 7200 rpm hard drive into the thin-and-light form factor of the Tecra R10. Pricing for the Tecra R10 laptop PC starts at $1,549 (MSRP)(6).
"Designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, the Tecra R10 provides high quality, enhanced reliability and premium mobility features for professionals who need a thin-and-light laptop PC with a larger display," said Carl Pinto, vice president, product development and marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "The use of miniaturization and power management efficiency make the Tecra R10 one of the most energy-efficient thin-and-light laptops available on the market today."
Multimedia: Tecra R10 Photos, Tecra R10 Spec Sheet
Toshiba's Tecra R10 laptop PC features the following high-performance technology components:
Display: Toshiba's Tecra R10 features a Z-hinge design with a 135-degree opening, to provide a slim profile design. The use of LED backlighting further reduces the Tecra R10's thickness when compared to laptops with standard CCFL backlighting systems. EasyGuard® Technology: Toshiba's Tecra R10 laptop features Toshiba's fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop's critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, Toshiba's EasyGuard Technology is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one's laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(7), fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Processor: A full-powered, energy-efficient 25W Intel® Centrino 2 processor on the Tecra R10 laptop PC allows Toshiba to use a more compact cooling system, including smaller fans and heat sink, which enables a thinner and lighter design. The adoption of this processor helps the Tecra R10 deliver up to 5 hours of battery life(4). ExpressCard: The ExpressCard slot supports both ExpressCard/34 and ExpressCard/54 form factors and offers increased bandwidth and hot-swapping capabilities. USB Sleep-and-Charge/eSATA Combo Port(8): This unique port provides convenience and speed by allowing data transfers to and from an eSATA external hard drive at rates up to five times faster than USB 2.0, and the ability to charge select USB mobile devices whether the laptop is on, off, or in sleep or hibernation mode. Green Attributes: The Tecra R10 is ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and has achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council's Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT). Complete product specifications for all Tecra R10 models are available at http://www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/tecra/R10.
The Tecra R10 is available with a three-year standard limited warranty(9), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(10), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $76 billion. For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at http://www.toshiba.com.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
1. Height. Measured at the thinnest edge of the notebook computer.
2. Weight. Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability and options selected.
3. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
4. Battery Life. Measured by [MobileMark™ or Business Winstone BatteryMark™.] Battery life may vary. See Battery Life Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
5. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
6. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
7. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba's standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit http://www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
8. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
9. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
10. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
Toshiba today announced its latest thin-and-light business solution with the Tecra(R) R10. Measuring 1.13-inches thin and weighing 4.4 pounds, this feature-rich laptop PC incorporates differentiated technologies.
Keyword Tags: laptop, laptop pc, toshiba