He could have done something far more lucrative out of Harvard Law School, but he had a vision.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Ferndale, WA (Vocus) January 7, 2009
Teen Expert and author Annie Fox will be in Washington, D.C. for the inauguration and is available for interviews live from Washington or her hotels in Baltimore and Virginia. She'll also be blogging at http://www.blog.anniefox.com daily with news from the inauguration and tips for kids wishing to follow in the president-elect's historic footsteps.
Annie Fox communicates with thousands of teens, parents, and teachers every month via Hey Terra!, her online alter ego. She knows that kids long to feel more self-confident and self-assured, and that parents want to ease their struggles. What can they glean from the election of Barack Obama, thought by many to be a self-made success?
Annie offers teens the tools to become the kind of people they aspire to be.
Who: Annie Fox, award-winning author, national speaker, and educator.
What: Annie helps kids (and the adults in their lives) learn from and model the thoughtful, careful ascent of our president-elect. Many kids feel inspired by Obama's election, but may be feeling at a loss as to how to translate it to their own lives. Parents have often told their children they could strive to be president. With that dream suddenly more meaningful to a wider population, the advice Annie has given teens (and their parents) for over a decade now takes on new meaning: be true to yourself and to the principles that guide you and you have everything you need to become a leader in your own right.
When: January 16-21, 2009
Contact: Annie Fox, 415-999-6388
Why talk to Annie? Many in our country have experienced a tremendous feeling of hope since the election, but how are teens affected? They deserve to experience this hope, too. Annie can talk about how.
Among the many topics Annie can discuss are:
- What it means to be a leader worth emulating, and how you can become one.
- How kids can build their leadership skills, and how parents can hinder or help.
- How kids can develop a strong sense of morality, self-esteem, and individuality, and how parents can hinder or help.
- How kids and grown-ups can get involved in the president-elect's plan for rebuilding both our nation and our nation's image worldwide.
- How the choices you make regarding your life's path can have an impact years later. (As Annie says about Obama, "He could have done something far more lucrative out of Harvard Law School, but he had a vision.")
About Annie Fox: Annie Fox (http://www.anniefox.com) is an award-winning author, national speaker, and educator. As the voice of "Hey Terra," an online teen counselor, Annie has answered more than 10,000 emails from teens and tweens around the world. Annie also travels the country to speak to groups of teen students, parents, and teachers on the issues facing young people today, everything from dating and sex to cheating in school to expressing individuality.
# # #