CCH is proud to take the lead sponsorship role for this important conference. TeleStrategies has always been the premier conference for the telecom tax professional.
ATLANTA, GA (PRWEB) November 01, 2012
CCH SureTax will be a lead sponsor of TeleStrategies' Communications Taxation Conference 2013.
TeleStrategies' annual Communications Taxation Conference brings together the nation's top tax professionals to address the challenging and amazingly complex domain of telecommunications taxation. Now in its 14th year, the 2012 program saw a record attendance for the program.
The 2013 conference will be back at the lovely Peabody Hotel in Orlando, Florida, May 21-23rd.
“CCH is proud to take the lead sponsorship role for this important telecom tax conference” says Mike Sanders, SureTax Chief Architect, “TeleStrategies has always been the premier conference for the telecom tax professional. We want to make sure that everyone who attends leaves feeling better prepared and educated for the challenges ahead”.
SureTax is assisting in the placement of speakers. We are looking for presentation topics that are currently challenging providers, such as: New taxation governing VoIP tax, and all IP based services; New services never before dealt with; New regulation/fees where the handling is unclear (from a tax standpoint); New rulings that change how a provider might tax/defend a tax position; and Effective techniques to lower tax exposure; etc.
The list below is intended to give you an idea of just some of the topics covered during the conference. We welcome your suggestions for others. In fact, the most interesting talks are the ones that cover the emerging, niche areas of the profession.
- Key legal proceedings, judgments and case studies
- Emerging services: Cloud, M2M, content, wireless apps, subsidized transport
- Audit defense and tax recovery
- Transaction, income and property tax compliance updates
- VoIP, pre-paid, E-911 and other key FCC decisions
- Exemptions, property tax and equipment depreciation issues
- Federal/local fees and surcharges
- Sourcing, nexus, jurisdiction regulations across federal, state and local
- Industry-specific (wireline, wireless, content aggregators, ISPs, cable) updates
- Emerging regulatory and local legislation bellwethers
- Billing integration, interfaces, quality assurance, internal controls
- And more!
Feel free to send a note indicating topics that you would like emphasized this year, or propose sessions of your own. Early deadline is December 15. Regular deadline is January 15, 2013. See the call for speakers on the TeleStrategies website, or call Brent Reeves, VP of Business Development for SureTax at 404-644-7600.
SureTax offers dynamic, on-demand telecom taxation solutions for new and existing VoIP and telecom providers driven by content from CCH, the industry leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information. SureTax’s flagship product, SureTax™ Telecom simplifies the complex world of telecom taxes with a robust, “real-time”, web-based tax calculation solution that is delivered as a SaaS cloud computing technology.