This coincides with disaster efforts from both United States and international telemedicine, telehealth organizations to provide medical support to disaster victims worldwide.
N. Chelmsford (PRWEB) October 18, 2007
AMD Telemedicine, the world leader in developing, marketing and providing training for telemedicine equipment, today announce that it has created a Deployable Telemedicine Kit and is working to identify disaster organizations, first-responder teams and medical facilities around the world that would be able to deploy and/or utilize this type of medical equipment in the event of a disaster.
With the kits, healthcare providers in the field would have the ability to send photo images of inner ear/nose/throat, trauma to extremities, soft tissue injuries, captured ultrasound images, digital 12-lead electrocardiograms, digital lung capacity reports, and heart or lung sounds. The specialist in the field would then send the information to a medical specialist via satellite, Internet, or Integrated Services Digital Networks (ISDN), providing an evaluation and/or consultation for these remote victims using live videoconferencing or store and forward applications.
"Our new deployable kit will speed the execution and management of trauma services and clinical emergency care for those who need it most," said Steve Normandin, AMD President. "The availability and use of telemedicine at the disaster site will also foster medical expertise capability for emergency response personnel. We've received excellent response to our kits from clinicians and patients, alike, and are eager to share it with additional emergency medical providers and homeland security personnel around the country."
The new transportable, telemedicine kit includes:
- AMD-2500s General Examination Camera, a powerful general examination camera, is the first analog camera to combine power zoom, auto focus, freeze frame capture, and electronic image polarization in one diagnostic device
- AMD-3550 SmartSteth Digital Electronic Stethoscope, permitting the recording, analysis and transmission of high quality lung and heart sounds
- AMD-2015 ENT/Otoscope for comprehensive ear, nose and throat (ENT) examinations, it combines the functionality of a high performance otoscope, a short sinus scope and an oral exam scope in a single diagnostic device
- AMD-3920 Digital Spirometer for PC , the PC-based digital spirometer that supports a full range of diagnostic cardiac and pulmonary applications including expiratory reserve volume (REV), relaxed vital capacity (VC) and forced vital capacity (FVC), forced expiratory volume (FEV), peak expiratory flow (PEF), and maximal voluntary ventilation (MVV). Fully compliant with the strict requirements of the American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- AMD-2020 Direct Opthalmoscope, the video version of a diagnostic direct ophthalmoscope which enables viewing and illumination of retina, head of optic nerve, retinal arteries, vitreous humor, through an undilated pupil. Images can be captured in freeze frame for extended review.
- AMD-5500 SmartProbeTM Ultrasound , the system on a chip provides true 128 channel resolution in a laptop PC, with all the functionality of the most expensive ultrasound systems.
- AMD-3875 12 Lead Interpretive ECG for PC, when connected to the serial port of a PC, converts any Windows® 98/NT platform into a real time 12 Lead ECG machine with Interpretation.
- The AMD Image Management System - a quick and efficient software program to organize individual patients, conditions, and screenshots while at the emergency scene.
"In order to make the best use of the kits, we are working with emergency disaster specialists and physicians, " said Diane Castelli, RN, MS, MSN, AMD Director of Clinical Training. "This coincides with disaster efforts from both United States and international telemedicine, telehealth organizations to provide medical support to disaster victims worldwide."
For more information on the AMD Deployable Telemedicine Kit contact Dr. Deborah Jeffries, AMD Director of Sales at 866-511-0923 or debbiej @ amdtelemedicine.com
About AMD Telemedicine
AMD Telemedicine is the leading, worldwide supplier of telemedicine equipment and technology devices used in telemedicine with more than 5000 installed sites in 68 countries. AMD devices and software products offer clinically acclaimed, cost-effective solutions for the most challenging medical applications. AMD also provides complete technical support in program design, device integration, training, and remedial service to assure a successful program implementation. For more information on AMD Telemedicine, please visit the web site at http://www.amdtelemedicine.com or call 866-511-0923.