Our applications all deliver enterprise telephone capabilities to businesses of any size
Chicago (Vocus) May 13, 2008
As Internet service providers, online merchants and other enterprises look for innovative new ways to combat fraud, they often overlook something that every customer has: a telephone. Ifbyphone, the telephone application platform company, is showcasing Verify-Me-Now, a new solution that enables ISPs and any e-commerce or SAAS site to slash fraud rates by combining the power of the Web with the telephone.
Many fraudulent users provide false telephone numbers to limit an online merchant’s ability to contact them in the future. Verify-Me-Now turns that risk into a security feature with a simple process that validates that the person providing a credit card, banking information, or other form of payment is who they say they are.
Here’s how Verify-Me-Now works:
1. ISPs incorporate the hosted Verify-Me-Now application into their existing process that customers use to sign up for a Web hosting account or any other service.
2. A telephone number is collected as part of each registration or purchase transaction.
3. A PIN of up to ten digits is displayed on the customer’s screen.
4. The Verify-Me-Now service is then invoked, either transparently or via a user-pressed button, with an easy-to-use API that is compatible with most Web-programming environments.
5. The Ifbyphone server instantly places a call to the customer at the number entered in step one and then asks the customer to enter the previously displayed PIN using their telephone keypad. (The Ifbyphone server also can be configured to request and record the recipient name during this step.)
6. Depending on whether the PIN entered matches the one provided in step two, the API returns a success or failure message.
The Verify-Me-Now application is a member of a family of applications available on the Ifbyphone Telephone Application Platform (TAP). The Ifbyphone TAP empowers companies of all sizes to leverage the advantages of basic telephone calls with new and creative applications.
"Our applications all deliver enterprise telephone capabilities to businesses of any size," stated Irv Shapiro, CEO of Ifbyphone. “In this increasingly competitive world, small and medium-sized businesses need access to the same telephone technologies that large enterprises use in order to compete effectively.”
Ifbyphone is a hosted telephone application platform that provides small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) an easy means to develop innovative ways to talk directly with their customers and drive sales -- without the high cost and complexity typically associated with building interactive voice response systems. Leveraging Ifbyphone's extreme usability, web developers, interactive marketers and customer service professionals can quickly create everything from simple Click-to-Call links on Web pages and e-mail to sophisticated call-routing and interactive-marketing solutions - transforming telephones into powerful tools to increase leads, improve sales and enhance customer experience. Ifbyphone's solutions are available directly to SMBs and through a network of direct marketing resellers. For more information, click http://www.phone-me-now.com/8772955100 to speak to a sales professional or visit the company website.