Dedicated to enhancing the value of our customer's business, through intelligent integration of location technologies, information, and services.
Costa Mesa, CA (PRWEB) August 15, 2007
Telogis, a leader in providing Telematics, GPS, Automatic Vehicle Location, and Location Based Services and Software, today announced the release of GeoBase v2.8 Beta to its Technology Preview Program.
The GeoBase Technology Preview Program gives developers access to early releases of the platform, additional sample applications, code snippets and other resources. The program is designed to help developers get a head start on incorporating new GeoBase functionality into product road maps.
GeoBase v2.8 allows Telogis to further its reach into the B2B and enterprise software industries. Support for handheld software expands geospatial functionality to the mobile worker while enhancements to the routing engine and 64-bit support augment location-enabled enterprise software running in the back office.
Highlights of the v2.8 release include:
- Navigation SDK – GeoBase now allows you to perform voice-prompted, dynamic navigation tasks using the GeoBase toolkit. GeoBase plug-in such as traffic patterns and commercial vehicle restrictions are fully supported.
- Windows Mobile / CE.NET support – GeoBase now fully supports development for mobile devices. The model is the same as the desktop and servers versions so your code can be shared.
- Quick Routing provides a way to get fast travel time and distance measures for use in dispatching and optimization applications.
- 64Bit Support –The 64bit version offers 20-30% speed advantages in some benchmarks.
- Street Import – SFI now supports importing data as first class GeoBase features such as reverse geocoding and routing.
Additionally, there have been major improvements to the routing algorithms, labeling system and geocoders.
For more information visit http://www.geobase.info or contact GeoBase sales at email@example.com.
Telogis is a Location Technology company delivering software and services through two product lines- OnTrack and GeoBase. OnTrack is a GPS Fleet Tracking Productivity Tool and Fleet Management System. GeoBase is a scalable, feature rich, easy-to-use engine that delivers core geospatial functionality in a software application. Telogis software services and products are used and distributed worldwide.
To learn more about GeoBase please visit http://www.geobase.info. Visit http://www.telogis.com to download a free copy of the Aberdeen report- Service on the Move: Driving Profitability via Fleet Management. Mission: "Dedicated to enhancing the value of our customer's business, through intelligent integration of location technologies, information, and services."