At Arnold & Itkin LLP, we are passionate about helping injured maritime workers, whether they are commercial fishermen, rig workers or deckhands on a barge.
Texas (PRWEB) September 24, 2010
Arnold & Itkin LLP, a nationally known personal injury law firm based in Texas, has launched a new website to provide information to injured maritime and oil rig workers in the state.
The site, http://www.texas-offshore-injury.com, will serve as a resource for residents of Texas who have questions regarding maritime laws and injuries.
“Working on a ship or platform is dangerous duty,” said Kurt Arnold, a partner with Arnold & Itkin LLP, a firm that concentrates on representing injured maritime workers. “When maritime workers get seriously injured on the job, they and their family need to know what their legal rights are and where to turn. This new website extends a helping hand.”
Maritime law topics on texas-offshore-injury.com include:
- Types of Offshore Injuries—Common maritime injuries include burns, electrocution, head injuries or back injuries and can occur aboard a ship, a barge, a crew boat, an oil platform, an offshore crane, a drilling rig or a commercial fishing boat.
- Types of Offshore Accidents—Offshore accidents can be caused by equipment failures, improperly loaded vessels, slippery surfaces, human error, rig collapses, collisions, loss of well control and adverse weather.
- Maintenance and Cure—Maritime workers who have a serious injury or work-related accident are entitled to certain employer-paid benefits under well-established principles of general maritime law.
- Our Results—The site includes a list of verdicts and settlements obtained by Arnold & Itkin’s maritime and personal injury lawyers.
- Frequently Asked Questions—One section contains answers to questions that Arnold & Itkin’s maritime lawyers hear frequently regarding the Jones Acts and maritime workers’ legal rights in Texas.
“At Arnold & Itkin LLP, we are passionate about helping injured maritime workers, whether they are commercial fishermen, rig workers or deckhands on a barge,” said Jason Itkin, a partner with Arnold & Itkin. “This new website is part of our ongoing outreach to inform and help those workers following a maritime accident.”
About Arnold & Itkin LLP
The lawyers at Arnold & Itkin LLP, a personal injury law firm based in Houston, Texas, understand the complexities and legalities of maritime law and have a successful track record of verdicts and settlements in favor of maritime workers. The firm provides legal guidance on all aspects of maritime law and the benefits offshore workers are entitled to under the Jones Act, the Death on the High Seas Act, the principles of maintenance and cure or the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
Arnold & Itkin LLP handles maritime claims at port cities along the Gulf Coast of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The firm can be contacted toll-free at (866) 222-2606 or through the firm’s online contact form.
# # #