#TheBigBangTheory hits 2 million @GetGlue check-ins: http://bit.ly/ytW9xl Check in/tune in Thu 8/7c CBS + 5 nights/week in syndication
Burbank, CA (PRWEB) March 08, 2012
Who needs physics to figure out this equation? Funny plus smart equals a multiplatform hit! Fans of the Warner Bros. Television comedy The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c on CBS) are showing their love on interactive entertainment site GetGlue.com, with the show ranking as the most popular series on the site, as well as the fastest-growing. Recent statistics show that The Big Bang Theory, which airs weekly on CBS and five nights a week in syndication, has just passed two million check-ins — the first show to hit that milestone on GetGlue.com, doubling its number of check-ins since reaching the one million mark in late November 2011.
- At the time of this release, viewers of The Big Bang Theory have checked-in over two million times — the highest number of check-ins of any show on GetGlue.com
- Additionally, the series has over 235,000 “likes,” with numbers steadily climbing
- Among the stickers fans can unlock on GetGlue are portraits of the characters Penny, Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard; fans are also rewarded with a Mystic Warlords of Ka’a sticker or one bearing the Bang-friendly burn: “Bazinga!”
- And when fans of The Big Bang Theory check in to GetGlue.com, they’ll unlock a sticker giving them 20% off at The Comic Center of Pasadena (code: GetGlue), an e-commerce site with fan-favorite gear and apparel
- To download The Big Bang Theory’s GetGlue stickers, click here: http://bit.ly/ytW9xl
“Fans of The Big Bang Theory go bazinga for this show, and it’s great to see their passion,” said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. “Whether they’re blowing up the blogs and fan pages, playing The Big Bang Theory: Mystic Warlords of Ka’a on Facebook, watching the series or checking in to GetGlue.com to get stickers and interact with other fans, it’s a real community. We wanted give them both a virtual- and a real-world reward since we know both have relevance with this audience.”
“The Big Bang Theory is not only one of the most popular shows on TV right now, but it’s also the most checked in to show on GetGlue,” said Alex Iskold, CEO and Founder of GetGlue. “The Big Bang Theory has been on our weekly Top 10 chart since September and is the fastest-growing show to date. We are excited to be partnered with Warner Bros. Television to reward these loyal and passionate fans with exclusive stickers, discounts and more.”
One of television’s highest rated sitcoms, The Big Bang Theory ranks as the #1 Thursday night series on television among Adults 18–49 and Total Viewers for the 2011–12 season to date. It ranks as the #2 comedy on network TV for the season among Total Viewers and Adults 25–54, behind only Two and a Half Men, and is the #3 scripted series among Adults 18–49. Additionally, off-network episodes of The Big Bang Theory on broadcast stations and TBS rank as the #1 program in all of syndication among Adults 18–49 and 25–54.
A social networking site specifically for entertainment, GetGlue encourages registered users to check-in to television shows, movies, books or music they are experiencing and share their thoughts with friends and other users via the site itself, or via Facebook, Twitter or email. Users will be rewarded with special stickers, which users can then post proudly or share with friends and other fans. The site also provides recommendations based on one’s check-ins, and offers incentives to use the site via exclusive stickers, discounts and other rewards from their favorite shows and movies. Users will get actual stickers mailed to them after unlocking 20 virtual ones.
For more information or for an interactive experience, fans and viewers can check in anytime to The Big Bang Theory and see why it is the fastest-growing check-in site with over two million check-ins and 235,000 likes.
Plus, catch the series live Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS or five nights a week in syndication.
Warner Bros. Television
(818) 954-4855, tammy.golihew(at)warnerbros(dot)com, Twitter: @TeeVeeGal
Warner Bros. Television
(818) 954-7608, susan.kesser(at)warnerbros(dot)com, Twitter: @skesser
(310) 425-9962, claire(at)getglue(dot)com