New York, NY (Vocus) April 27, 2009
The Deal LLC, in its 10th year as the authoritative voice of the deal economy, is launching a redesigned Web site containing both free and paid content. The new TheDeal.com features blog, magazine and video content that does not require a subscription to access. TheDeal.com also serves as the entrance to a new premium subscription service, The Deal Pipeline, which gathers all The Deal's daily flow of content in one place and allows easy search and customization.
The Deal Pipeline, an idea generation and business development tool, is sold as a licensed product to top investment banks, law firms and investment funds.
"With all the recent debate about whether content on the Web should be free or paid, we have a model that actually works," said Kevin Worth, president and CEO of The Deal LLC. "Even in this difficult economic environment, we have a growing roster of blue-chip customers both licensing our content and marketing their services. I think that speaks loudly about the must-have nature of our content and you can charge for content."
Key product features of the free-paid model include:
THEDEAL.COM (no subscription required) a community and commentary-focused Web site encompassing:
- The Deal Magazine--the entire issue online with archives back to May 2008;
- Blogs--Dealscape and Corporate Dealmaker--written by The Deal's editorial staff, providing ongoing discussion of the daily activities of the deal economy;
- Original videos and programming--the award-winning Behind the Money and Inside The Deal video series.
THE DEAL PIPELINE (subscription/license required) a search platform that aggregates the company's proprietary news, data, commentary and video along with targeted external content, designed to help dealmakers generate investment ideas and find deals, the service includes:
- Proprietary intelligence on more than 90,000 firms and 40,000 individuals involved in the sell side and buy side of dealmaking, with extensive coverage on private companies and difficult-to-track middle market deals;
- The Daily Deal, a twice-a-day digest of the most important stories shaping the deal economy, edited and selected by The Deal's editors;
- Timely information on distressed situations, DIP financings, auctions, risk arbitrage situations, regulatory and legal issues, and bankruptcies much of which cannot be found anywhere else;
- Advanced search tools to help users find and track updates on key deals;
- Mobile tools and customization options designed for easy set up by senior professionals.
For more information on subscriptions to The Deal Pipeline, contact Michael Crosby, vice president of sales, at 212.313.9325 or at mcrosby(at)TheDeal.com.
About The Deal LLC
The Deal LLC is a diversified media company that is the authoritative voice of the deal economy. We serve the global deal community-corporate and financial dealmakers, advisers and institutional investors-by providing business and financial news and information that offers fresh insights on the deal economy, a set of interrelated activities, focused on dealmaking of all kinds, whose purpose is to generate corporate growth in a continually changing global market. We offer a comprehensive line of print and electronic products - The Deal Pipeline, The Deal, The Daily Deal and TheDeal.com - and live annual events including Private Capital Symposium, Distressed Investing Forum, Corporate Dealmaker Forum and M&A Outlook. The Deal LLC, a privately held company, is owned by private investment funds, including U.S. Equity Partners LP, sponsored by Wasserstein & Co. LP.