We are humbled to have such a strong network of partners and customers that have contributed to our success while looking to us for strategic advice.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Westminster, MD (PRWEB) March 01, 2012
The Barbour Group, a Maryland-based surety agency, known for its passionate and innovative approach to delivering bonding solutions to construction companies and government contractors throughout the United States, celebrates their 10th year anniversary March 4, 2012. Founded by Karen Barbour, President, The Barbour Group continues to deliver on its promise to strategically help businesses identify and make the right decisions in order to grow their business.
“As we celebrate our ten-year anniversary, we are proud that The Barbour Group has met all of the milestones and exceeded the projections we set forth for the company, despite the recent economic climate,” shared Karen Barbour, President of The Barbour Group. “We are humbled to have such a strong network of partners and customers that have contributed to our success while looking to us for strategic advice. The Barbour Group is fortunate to be able to support several philanthropic and civic causes which positively impact the communities we serve. We look forward to continuing these traditions in the coming years,” Ms. Barbour continued.
The Barbour Group established and achieved the following milestones over the past ten years:
- Successfully delivered surety bonding solutions to hundreds of customers including Fortune 1000 companies, such as General Contracting giant, Hensel Phelps, and International Gaming Systems King, Bally Technologies, Inc.
- Successfully delivered surety bonding solutions to Federal contractors, including 8(a), WOSB, VOB/SDVOB, DBE and HUBZone certified firms.
- Opened a Washington, DC regional office in 2012 to serve a growing clientele. In DC, The Barbour Group hired Heather Maier, Director of Surety and Bob Weston, Director of Contractor Programs.
- Received key business certifications including Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), Maryland Department of Transportation Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), and U.S. SBA Woman-Owned Business (WOSB).
- Championed the civic and non-profit causes in the community, including appointment as Co-Chair of Governor’s Commission for Small Business in Maryland, Board Member of Carroll County Economic Development Corporation, Vice Chair of State Advisory Board for Maryland SBDC, and Mentor & Lifetime Member of She Counts, Inc.
The Barbour Group has received numerous industry awards and recognition within the business community becoming a four time Inc. 500/5000 recipient and induction into Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneurial Winning Women program. In 2008, Karen Barbour became the first surety professional to be awarded the U.S. SBA Small Business Person of the Year for Maryland – the SBA’s top honor.
About The Barbour Group
The Barbour Group, a 100% woman-owned company based in Westminster, Maryland, provides a comprehensive suite of surety bonding and commercial insurance solutions for small, medium and large construction contractors as well as Fortune 1000 companies. Led by President Karen Barbour, a 26-year veteran of the surety bonding industry, The Barbour Group is known for its dynamic problem-solving approach that combines high degrees of industry knowledge and business acumen with equal measures of passion, persistence and positivity. Unlike typical surety bonding agencies, The Barbour Group combines the insight of a contractor and the experience of a veteran underwriter to find creative business solutions for customers and eliminate the uncertainties of the surety bond approval process. For more information, call (866) 876-9610 or e-mail info(at)thebarbourgroup(dot)com.