We plan to make thebestof the local destination website in every town in the UK. This is just one of many groundbreaking initiatives that we will be rolling out over the next 2-3 months, which will take us one step closer to that vision.
(PRWEB) September 5, 2007
Champions of the best local businesses in the UK, thebestof, has launched a new section on its website that enables people to rate and review their local businesses. This will provide the 800,000 plus people who use the site every month with the ability to share their opinions, and write about and recommend their favourite local businesses.
"One of the great advantages of an online search is that it provides a vast amount of information instantly, but finding a source of local information that you can trust and is recommended by others is often more difficult, said Nigel Botterill chief executive of TheBestOf (http://www.thebestof.co.uk). "Our new review section provides a direct solution to this, as it provides a forum for both residents and visitors to rate and review the local shops, suppliers and tradespeople," he added.
The development has been welcomed by thebestof's franchisees, who own and run the national network's 360 regional websites, as they can now be 100% true to the brand and champion the best businesses in their area. The businesses receiving positive reviews will be reinforcing their position as 'one of the best' businesses in the area, whilst businesses that receive constant negative reviews will be withdrawn from the site.
To launch the new review section, thebestof is giving away £5,000 as a thank you. Each review that is completed from Monday July 9th through to Friday August 31st will be entered into a national daily draw to win £100.
The author of the review must register with thebestof to submit their opinion - enabling thebestof franchise owners to build on their database of local contacts, whilst giving the reviewer a chance of receiving £100 which they can then spend with any advertiser on the thebestof.
Botterill adds, "We plan to make thebestof the local destination website in every town in the UK. This is just one of many groundbreaking initiatives that we will be rolling out over the next 2-3 months, which will take us one step closer to that vision."
Thebestof is the fastest ever growing franchise, promoting over 60,000 local businesses and has become the 70th most popular website in the UK - ahead of 'The AA,' 'lastminute.com' and 'friendsreunited' according to independent web traffic monitor http://www.alexa.com.
- http://www.thebestof.co.uk is a national network of local websites, run by local people, that champion the best businesses in their area
- The 70th (correct at the time of writing) most popular website in the UK - ahead of 'The AA,' 'lastminute.com,' and 'friendsreunited' according to independent web traffic monitor http://www.alexa.com
- TheBestOf has established widespread coverage in virtually all the major centres in the UK. From Aberdeen in the north, to Plymouth in the south, from Llandudno in the west and Norwich in the East - and pretty much everywhere in between
- Based in Solihull, thebestof is the brainchild of Nigel and Sue Botterill. It was set up 2 years ago and now has well over 360 franchisees
- It is the fastest growing UK franchise - ever.