The Big Bang Theory and Barenaked Ladies team up for theme song music video: http://bit.ly/pyr7JP “It all started with a big bang. BANG!”
Burbank, CA (PRWEB) July 15, 2011
TV’s #1 comedy — and newly minted Emmy® nominee for Outstanding Comedy Series — The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c on CBS, premiering September 22) and multi-platinum pop rock group the BARENAKED LADIES have teamed up on a special music video for the band’s full-length version of the hit series’ theme song. The video was shot on The Big Bang Theory set and gives fans an exclusive insider’s look at the hit sitcom, via never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage of the show’s table read, rehearsals and episode taping in front of a live studio audience. The band was joined in the video by the stars of the award-winning show: Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar.
- Beginning today, the video can be seen at the following link: http://www.thewb.com/shows/thebigbangtheory
- The collaboration on the music video continues the longstanding relationship between the band and the series that was established in 2007 when The Big Bang Theory creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady — who are fans of the band — asked Barenaked Ladies’ singer/guitarist Ed Robertson to pen a theme song for the series as a “sort of history of everything … in about 32 seconds.”
- The band later made a surprise appearance at The Big Bang Theory’s panel session at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2010, performing the song, complete with an audience sing-along.
- Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution will feature the video in its campaign to support the off-network launch of The Big Bang Theory in syndication this fall. The Big Bang Theory debuts in syndication September 18, simultaneously on TBS, the Fox Television Stations and broadcast stations across the country, and will air five nights a week.
- The music video and a special featurette, complete with interviews with the band, will be available on The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season Blu-ray™ and DVD release on September 13
- The audio recording will also be featured on the band’s upcoming greatest hits package STOP US IF YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE. The release of the two-CD package will feature never-before-heard rarities as well as some of the band’s best-known songs and will be followed by a U.S. tour this summer (see tour dates below).
- The announcement of the music video follows the announcement yesterday that The Big Bang Theory was nominated for five Primetime Emmy® Awards, including Outstanding Comedy Series and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for stars Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons.
- To connect with The Big Bang Theory online, become a fan of the show on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TheBigBangTheory or follow on Twitter @BigBang_CBS. Become a fan of the Barenaked Ladies on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/barenakedladies or follow them on Twiter @barenakedladies.
Tour dates for Barenaked Ladies are as follows:
July 16th Chicago St Pat’s Block Party
July 23rd St Louis Celebrate St Louis
July 29th Oswego, NY Oswego Harborfest
July 30th Readington, NJ Festival of Ballooning
July 31st Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga PAC
Aug 13th Hampton Beach, NH Hampton Beach Casino
Aug 14th Long Island, NY West Hampton Beach PAC
Aug 17th Rochester, NY Finger Lakes Casino
Aug 18th Glen Allen, VA Innsbrook After Hours
Aug 19th Fredricksburg, VA Celebrate Virginia Live
Aug 20th Webster, MA Indian Ranch
Sept 16th Thousand Oaks, CA Fred Kavli Theater
Sept 17th Newport Beach, CA Taste Of Newport
Sept 18th San Bernardino, CA California Theater PAC
Sept. 19th Saratoga, CA Mountain Winery
About The Big Bang Theory
From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in associations with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar. Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady created the series and serve as executive producers with Steven Molaro.
About Barenaked Ladies
Over the course of the past twenty-one years, the Barenaked Ladies have racked up eight Juno Awards and multiple Grammy nominations, sold more than 14 million albums worldwide, written a plethora of hit singles (including “One Week,” “Pinch Me” and “If I Had $1000000”) and amassed an international fanbase whose members number in the millions. They recently performed at both the Glastonbury Festival & Hard Rock Calling in the UK. They’re currently planning a brand-new studio album for release in 2012. http://www.barenakedladies.com
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Publicity
(818) 954-4855, tammy(dot)golihew(at)warnerbros(dot)com
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Publicity
(818) 954-7608, susan(dot)kisser(at)warnerbros(dot)com
BWR Public Relations (for Barenaked Ladies)
(310) 248-6171, Mmoses(at)bwr-la(dot)com