(PRWEB) April 10, 2010
On June 15th - 16th in Berlin, TheWhereBusiness will conduct Europe's biggest navigation conference, The Navigation & Location Summit Europe. Previously run by its sister company, Telematics Update, this year's event promises to be better than ever with more than fifty speakers, three targeted tracks and an array of new workshops and sessions.
The theme of this year's conference centres on re-evaluating business models and seeking additional revenue streams. In response to commoditisation, navigation players are differentiating themselves through monetising innovative technologies such as connected services, real-time traffic, eco-routing, augmented reality and live POIs. New topics on the agenda include augmented reality, pedestrian navigation and indoor location.
To request a PDF brochure with the full agenda and list of speakers, click here: http://www.thewherebusiness.com/navigationeurope/info.shtml
The Navigation & Location Summit Europe unites the entire eco-system, from map providers and content providers to navigation software providers, device makers and mobile operators, all under one roof - sharing the common goal of understanding how best to position their business to capitalise on Europe's dramatically shifting landscape.
With more senior speakers than ever before, delegates will benefit from listening to BMW, Deutsche Telekom, ESRI, Bouygues Telecom, Open Street Map, NDrive, Tele Atlas, Intel, Renault, Carmeq, TomTom, ALK, T-Mobile, Garmin, Vodafone and many more.
Together, they will debate the relative merits of ad-funded or subscription models. Share their views on services that customers would willingly pay for. Take a closer look at marketing strategies for PNDs and discuss areas yet to be monetised, such as augmented reality, location-based social networking and pedestrian navigation.
Click here to visit the event website: http://www.thewherebusiness.com/navigationeurope/index.shtml
With more than 200 attendees, the Navigation & Location Summit is the pinnacle of the navigation calendar. And registrations received before April 16th qualify for the early-bird discount. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda highlights include:
- Get an OEM perspective on next-generation integrated navigation from Robert Hein Head of Future Navigation and Data Services for BMW
- The Business Development Manager for Car Infotainment for Intel will discuss which high-performance technologies are genuine money spinners; from 3D navigation, speech enablers and connected services
- Debate the evolution of connected services with senior executives from ALK technologies, T-Mobile, TomTom and Garmin
- Discuss the latest trends in in-car navigation with expert speakers from Renault and Carmeq
- Find out how inertial sensors will be used in pedestrian navigation and hear from Jérémie Bouchaud, Director - Principal analyst MEMS, iSuppli
- Evaluate viable business models for indoor location and decide which technologies deliver the optimum solution
- Attend a workshop on the latest location technologies and debate the pros and cons of A-GPS, WiFi and Cell ID
Confirmed speakers include:
BMW Research & Technology, Robert Hein, head of Future Navigation & Data Services
Nokia, Christof Hellmis, vice president of Product, Location
Deutsche Telekom, Dr. Marcus Heitmann, senior manager
ESRI, SJ Camarata, director
skobbler, Marcus Thielking, CMO & CFO
Bouygues Telecom, Martin Kaiser, director of Roadmap Services
Open Street Map Foundation, Henk Hoff, board member
NAVIGON AG, Joern Watzke, executive vice president of Product Line Management
Telecom Italia, Sergio Cozzolino, vice president of Innovative ICT Services Development
Intel GmbH, Rudi Nawratek, Business Development manager Car Infotainment Europe
Renault, Javier Ibanez-Guzman, Specialist Localisation Technologies
Carmeq GmbH, Volker Remuss, Business Team Multimedia-Integration
TomTom, Roy Van Keulen, vice president of eCommerce
ALK Technologies, Klaus Kremer, country manager, Central Europe & Benelux
T-Mobile, Piotr Wesolowski, Wholesales Marketing manager
Garmin International, Roger Jollis, director, OEM & Mobile Marketing
Vodafone Group, Stephen Deadman, Group Privacy officer and head of Legal - Privacy, Security & Content Standards
To see the full list of speakers, click here:
For more information about the event, contact Helen Raff, GM, TheWhereBusiness, telephone +44 (0) 207 375 7582 (UK).