At the heart of Thoof is a sophisticated technology which looks for patterns in user behavior. This is how we are able to tailor the stories you see right from the very first moment you visit thoof.com
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) October 2, 2007
What interests Yahoo!Mail users?
1. Yahoo Mail users were 15% more likely to click on a story about cell phones relative to GMail users (a stat that may change rapidly if rumors of a Google cell phone prove to be accurate), and 5% more interested in stories about phones in general
2. Yahoo users were also the more frugal of the two, expressing a 4% bias in favor of stories about personal finance, and a 6% bias in favor of stories about savings
3. Yahoo users seem to be more interested in fitness, expressing a 9% bias over GMail users
What interests GMail users?
1. GMail users seem far more interested in politics, expressing a 6% bias in favor of stories about the Bush Administration, 4% in favor of stories about Hillary Clinton, a 7% bias in favor of stories about Afghanistan, and a 5% bias in favor of stories about Iran
2. GMail users also seem more academic and technical, expressing a 4% bias in favor of stories about Physics, Mathematics, and Computing, and a 5% bias in favor of stories about Programming
3. GMail users seem to be more likely to be fans of Flickr, expressing a 4% bias in favor of stories about that website
"At the heart of Thoof is a sophisticated technology which looks for patterns in user behavior. This is how we are able to tailor the stories you see right from the very first moment you visit thoof.com," said Ian Clarke, Thoof's founder and CEO. "The examples given are just a small selection of the patterns that Thoof's technology has discovered."
Thoof is a user generated news and information service that learns and delivers news that is interesting to you. Based in Austin, Texas, Thoof was founded in 2007 by Ian Clarke, and has received funding from Austin Ventures and several angel investors including Ron Conway.
Videos about Thoof are available at http://one.revver.com/find/video/thoof/page/1/views/desc
Web site: http://www.thoof.com
Technorati Tags: thoof | news | user generated | media | news
Thoof is a trademark of Thoof, Inc. Other names used in this release may be the property of their respective owners.