I want our customers to enjoy an amazing chocolate experience every time they visit the high street, whether it's to buy a gift, a drink on the go or just to treat themselves. We believe our new Hot Chocolate Bar is a great step in providing that instant indulgence when you really deserve it.
Nottingham, UK (PRWEB) December 5, 2008
Thorntons chose Nottingham Listergate as the venue to launch its brand new Hot Chocolate Bar on Friday 21st November - the first in the UK.
On the opening day Thorntons unveiled a brand new luxury hot chocolate drink with a new, improved recipe for the perfect indulgence.
The Hot Chocolate Bar is a totally new concept for Thorntons that combines your favourite Thorntons products with a welcoming, modern destination, indulgent hot drinks and cakes and the Thorntons in store chocolatier Ross Sneddon.
Thorntons has opened five new concept stores across the UK over the past few months - Kingston, Reading, Bluewater, Edinburgh and King Street in Nottingham - and the design for the Hot Chocolate Bar is in keeping with the fresh, modern look that is inspired by the feel of a welcoming 'British Kitchen'.
It is a colourful new concept which brings theatre in store, with a chocolate fountain in the window for customers to dip in fresh strawberries, fudge and marshmallows, and a chocolatier in store hand finishing and personalising chocolates.
During a period when many high street retailers are facing difficult times, Thorntons has continued to deliver strong sales growth and this store innovation is set to continue this trend.
Peter Wright, Marketing Director at Thorntons commented, "I want our customers to enjoy an amazing chocolate experience every time they visit the high street, whether it's to buy a gift, a drink on the go or just to treat themselves. We believe our new Hot Chocolate Bar is a great step in providing that instant indulgence when you really deserve it."
On Friday 21st November, customers, the local business community and the press were invited to taste Thorntons latest chocolate products, as the doors to the Listergate store opened.
- Thorntons is the number one 'Chocolate and Confectionery' brand and the number 18 overall brand in the UK according to Superbrands' latest research.
- Established by Joseph William Thornton in 1911, Thorntons is one of the UK's oldest chocolate retailers, headquartered in Derbyshire with more than 4,000 employees.
- Thorntons has 379 own stores, 37 of which have their own café, and 250 franchise stores across the country, as well as a strong direct (http://www.thorntons.co.uk) and commercial business, supplying all major supermarkets.
- Products range from gift selections, chocolate blocks to toffee and ice cream.
- Keith Hurdman is Thorntons Master Chocolatier. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, Keith is an unusual phenomena for the British chocolate industry as a home grown talent with extensive training with some of Europe's finest confectioners and chocolatiers in Belgium, Switzerland and France. He is now widely recognised as one of the UK's most talented chocolatiers. Keith has won a number of other awards including the International Belgian Chocolate Award and the highly acclaimed 'Truffe d' Or' in 2000 as Champion Confectioner of Switzerland.