We wanted to create something that would be truly in keeping with the festivals and henna is an integral part of the celebrations, so working with the world's greatest henna tattoo artist seemed like the perfect partnership. Ash Kumar is the most famous henna artist in the world and we're delighted to be incorporating his designs onto one of our most popular boxes of chocolates.
Alfreton, Derbyshire (PRWEB) September 16, 2009
Thorntons is taking a designer look at Eid and Diwali, with the launch of a new chocolate box design for a classic collection of non-alcoholic chocolates, which has been created by the world's most famous henna tattoo artist Ash Kumar.
The box of Thorntons much loved Classics chocolates has been designed by Ash Kumar in his signature style and will be available at Thorntons from 7th September. The black box with Ash Kumar's striking gold design includes all non-alcoholic chocolates and retails for £7.50. It includes classic flavours such as creamy fudge, hazelnut nougat and country caramel, making it the perfect gift for your friends and loved ones.
"Eid and Diwali are growing celebrations in the UK and confectionery gifting is a huge part of these festivals. Alongside giving sweets, giving chocolate as gifts has become part of the celebrations over recent years, so as the UK's leading chocolate gifting brand, working with the world renowned Ash Kumar to create a bespoke box for these occasions, was something Thorntons was perfectly positioned to do," explains Thorntons Brand Manager, Emma Dickinson.
"We wanted to create something that would be truly in keeping with the festivals and henna is an integral part of the celebrations, so working with the world's greatest henna tattoo artist seemed like the perfect partnership. Ash Kumar is the most famous henna artist in the world and we're delighted to be incorporating his designs onto one of our most popular boxes of chocolates."
Ash Kumar trained using the ancient art of henna and has since added his own modernistic twist, producing stunning and internationally recognised designs. He is so famous for his henna art his client list includes the glitterati of Hollywood and Bollywood, including Shilpa Shetty, Madonna, Julia Roberts and Demi Moore. He also holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest henna artist in the world, which has cemented his position as a true make-up and henna icon and enabled him to earn a following of thousands who follow his art.
Ash Kumar will be making appearances in Thorntons Birmingham High Street store on Friday 18th September to celebrate Eid and in Thorntons Ilford, London store on Saturday 10th October. Ash will be creating chocolate artwork as he adds his henna designs to Thorntons chocolate creations. Ash Kumar will also be offering Thorntons customers free henna tattoos with every purchase of his specially designed box.
Mr Kumar explains: "Makeup and henna is about creating looks to boost self esteem and create wonders for the camera. My signature designs are one with great popular demand, what better than adding this to a prestigious chocolate box.
"I love chocolates and Thorntons was the first place to come to mind. The art of gifting is something the Asian community pride themselves on, why not give them something to be even more so…Ash Kumar designed Thorntons Classics chocolate boxes for Eid and Diwali. Working with Thorntons is exciting as well as a different venture for the Ash Kumar Group of companies. This is a first of many projects I'm confident will be a great success at Thorntons with Ash Kumar."
Notes to Editor:
- Thorntons is the number one 'Chocolate and Confectionery' brand in the UK according to Superbrands' latest research.
- Established by Joseph William Thornton in 1911, Thorntons is one of the UK's oldest chocolate retailers, headquartered in Derbyshire with more than 4,000 employees.
- Thorntons has 379 own stores, 37 of which have their own café, and 250 franchise stores across the country, as well as a strong direct (http://www.thorntons.co.uk) and commercial business, supplying all major supermarkets.
- Products range from gift selections, chocolate blocks to toffee and ice cream.
- Keith Hurdman is Thorntons Master Chocolatier. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, Keith is an unusual phenomena for the British chocolate industry as a home grown talent with extensive training with some of Europe's finest confectioners and chocolatiers in Belgium, Switzerland and France. He is now widely recognised as one of the UK's most talented chocolatiers. Keith has won a number of other awards including the International Belgian Chocolate Award and the highly acclaimed 'Truffe d' Or' in 2000 as Champion Confectioner of Switzerland.
Recent company activity includes:
- In September 2008, Thorntons reported a turnover of £208 million and profits before tax of £8.5 million for the full year to June 2008, which represents an increase of 11.9% and 19.6% respectively.
- All children's products now have no artificial colours or flavours.
- In April 2008, Thorntons launched Moments - a collection of individually wrapped chocolates designed for sharing. With Moments, Thorntons broke the Guinness World Record for the largest box of chocolates. The box contained 1,500 kg of Thorntons' Moments and was 16.5 ft tall and 11.5ft wide.
- In 2008, Thorntons opened five new concept stores in Kingston, Reading, Bluewater, Nottingham and Edinburgh, and its first Hot Chocolate Bar in the UK in Nottingham.The new concept was designed to create a contemporary and interactive in store experience for customers. It is a welcoming, modern destination with a Thorntons chocolatier in store.
- In September 2008, Thorntons launched Luxury Chocolate Blocks. A collection of 19 delectable flavoured tablet bars providing a taste experience to delight every pallet. From simple French Dark, Belgian Milk or White to exotic single origin chocolates combined with delicious flavours like Balsamic.
About Ash Kumar
http://www.ashkumar.com is the world's leading henna company with Ash Kumar being the fastest henna artist in the world as titled by the Guinness Book of World Records. He is the Arts Director, Creative Stylist and the CEO of Ashkumar.com and has become internationally recognised due to his exquisite talent. Mr Kumar has also recently been awarded for the best henna artist in Britain at the Asian style awards.
Our client base consists of numerous celebrities and corporate companies that have experienced Mr Kumar's elite talent. This includes Madonna, Julia Roberts, Demi Moore, Calvin Klein and many Bollywood celebrities such as Shilpa Shetty. On a corporate level, Mr Kumar has designed a mural for the Victorian and Albert museum in 2004 which is now stored in their archives. He has worked with Universal Studios, Nike, Emirates Airlines and also with Britain's wealthiest family, the Mittal's providing bridal and henna styling for their family wedding in Versailles. Our past and current shoots have been featured in Vogue, Elle, and monthly issues of Asiana magazine along with many other publications worldwide. Mr Kumar has also just completed an international tour with Swarovski for the Runway Rocks fashion show where his designs were incorporated with crystal.
The internationally renowned celebrity henna artist's elite product range is the leading and most trusted henna product range amongst industry professionals. The AK product range is the first of its kind, with its cutting edge quality results which also include AK sparkling body glitter gels and our NEW AK Design Transfer tattoos which have been designed exclusively by the maestro himself. You can view our full range online and also at mainstream department stores worldwide (selected cities).
# # #