Roseville, CA (PRWEB) April 25, 2013
Thrift Town partners with ReUseIt.org, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area, and six Entercom Communications owned Sacramento radio stations for a one-day donation drive titled [1Thing] in celebration of Earth Week, Saturday, April 27th between 10am-6pm.
This one-day event, Be Green and Do [1Thing], promotes the message that planet Earth's sustainability starts with one person doing just 1 thing - donating. All donations of useable clothing and household items locally benefit Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area. The biggest donation needs are usable clothing and shoes. All donations are tax deductable, and $5.00 in Thrift Town Bucks will be given to each person for every donation of two or more bags of usable product.
Drive up. Drop off. Done! There are five easy and convenient donation drop-off locations serving this event in the greater Sacramento area:
- Thrift Town’s ReUseIt Drop-Off Station in South Sacramento, just north of Fruitridge, 5005 Stockton Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95820
- Thrift Town’s ReUseIt Drop-Off Station in North Sacramento, just west of Del Paso, 410 El Camino, 95815
- Thrift Town’s ReUseIt Drop-Off Station in Carmichael, corner of Marconi & Fair Oaks, 6328 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael, CA 95608
- ReUseIt Drive-Thru Donation Station in Rocklin, just off the Interstate 80 Rocklin Rd. exit, 4395 Rocklin Rd., Rocklin, CA 95677
- ReUseIt Drive-Thru Donation Station in Citrus Heights, near Antelope & Auburn Blvd., 7770 Auburn Blvd., Citrus Heights, CA 95610
Top three reasons to consider donating your useable items during the [1Thing] event:
1. Responsible recycling helps the planet. Go green - reduce, reuse, and recycle. Help keep usable items out of local landfills and help protect the Earth.
2. Giving back locally makes a difference to others. Donating usable items through ReUseIt is tax deductible and enables one to give back locally to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area.
3. De-cluttering and organizing a space feels so good. Less clutter equals less stress. Donating usable items to Big Brothers Big Sisters gets someone one step closer to feeling less stress. Even just one bag of donations makes a huge difference.
For more information, please visit ReUseIt.org or bbbs-sac.org.
ReUseIt, is a registered Commercial Fundraiser in the state of California, providing exceptional support & service to nonprofit organizations in local communities. The ReUseIt team has over 41 years of experience in the household recycling industry, and is dedicated to making a difference locally. For more information on ReUseIt, including locating your nearest donation station or community donation drop box, to schedule a free household donation pick up, or to find out where their trucks offer neighborhood curbside pick-ups visit http://www.reuseit.org or call direct at: 1-877-738-7348 (1-877-RE-Use-It). ReUseIt also offers nonprofit organizations the opportunity to raise important funds for their cause with an “easy as pie, better than a bake sale” donation drive fundraiser programs.
Thrift Town is owned and operated by Norquist Salvage Corporation, and has spent over four decades dedicated to socially responsible recycling. Thrift Town has 15 store locations in four different states and lives its vision statement of being committed to making a difference every day. Each of their clean, bright, and organized stores put out 4,000 gently used products daily, setting them apart in the thrift world as the premier thrift destination. For more information, or to get connected with Thrift Town, visit thrifttown.com, Facebook/ThriftTown, Pinterest/pinthrifttown, Instagram or Twitter @thrifttown or #thrifttown. Thrift Town also has a robust customer appreciation VIP program which provides consumers exclusive coupons, sale alerts, and automatically enters members to win valuable and fun quarterly giveaways.