Seattle (PRWEB) November 30, 2010
Brown Paper Tickets has scored another victory in the fight to reform the ticketing industry today by announcing the launch of an updated website equipped with new services spanning from online to offline. A beta version will be made available to the public in early December, with the final version replacing the current site in January 2011. New tools for mobile ticketing, advanced sales reporting, last-minute ticket discounts, and social media integration round out a full suite of services already offered by Brown Paper Tickets that includes 24/7 call centers staffed with real people, hard ticket options and ticket reselling networks.
As the first to offer this entire catalog of services, Brown Paper Tickets provides event organizers with the most extensive functionality and support package in the ticketing industry, including:
- Diverse payment options: Integration with PayPal, Google Checkout and Amazon Payments gives event producers the ability to sell tickets in a wide range of currencies, virtually anywhere on the globe.
- Social media: Advanced integrations include the ability to instantly post events to Facebook synced real-time with your event page.
- Ticket reselling: An elegant solution that gives equal consideration to both end-buyers and event producers.
- Event discovery system: Smart, adaptable system that learns user's preferences for locations, event types and pricing and offers event suggestions.
- Last-minute discount tickets: Automated options for event producers and deal notification emails for ticket buyers.
- Mobile ticketing tools: Mobile optimization makes it fast and easy to search for events and buy tickets, even on a tiny phone screen. For event producers, a ticket-scanning app turns any Android or iPhone into a scanner, eliminating the need for costly equipment. Plus, a supremely useful “Transfer to a Friend” feature allows people to easily transfer event tickets to a friend via any smartphone.
- Media-rich, interactive event pages: Add rich media such as embedded video from YouTube and Vimeo, Twitter widgets, location maps, and public guest lists to any event page. Users gain added interactivity with comment, question and public blog tools.
From humble beginnings as a scrappy start-up from Seattle, Brown Paper Tickets has grown to become a formidable player in the industry, opening offices in the US and UK and offering services in English, French and Spanish. Despite virtually no expenditures in advertising or marketing, the company boasts a staggering 200 percent growth each year for the past ten years, with over 23,000 unique producers and more than 250,000 events ticketed. This was achieved by a fierce dedication to providing more while charging less and relying on the word-of-mouth recommendations that inevitably spread like wildfire.
The Not-Just-For-Profit business model that Brown Paper Tickets embraces has proven to be every bit as powerful as the competition's way of doing business. By offering a full spectrum of event services to all event producers, from national touring acts and large stadium events to small fundraising dinners for eight, everyone receives the same level of service and functionality. Brown Paper Tickets provides all this while still charging some of the lowest ticketing fees in the industry—only 3.5 percent of the ticket price plus 99 cents—a win for both event producers and ticket buyers alike.