The NOVAtime 4000 Workforce Management Solution Now Offers a Powerful Automated Time Distribution Feature

Share Article

NOVAtime announces that it has added the support for a very powerful and flexible Automated Time Distribution feature in the NOVAtime 4000 Workforce Management Solution.

The NOVAtime Automated Time Distribution feature allows managers to distribute work hours automatically without requiring employees to do job transfer throughout the day.

DIAMOND BAR, CALIF., November 28, 2012 – NOVAtime Technology, Inc. (http://www.novatime.com), a leading provider of Workforce Management solutions for enterprise organizations, is pleased to announce that the NOVAtime 4000 Time and Attendance / Workforce Management solution has been enhanced to support an Automated Time Distribution feature. This allows employees’ daily work hours to be automatically distributed to selected labor groups and pay codes based on fixed hour amounts or percentages, as well as fixed amounts with percentage-based distribution of any remaining time to other selected groups and pay codes.

NOVAtime’s Vice President of Client Services, Brian Harris, explains, “The NOVAtime Automated Time Distribution feature allows managers to distribute work hours, automatically, without requiring employees to input job transfers throughout the day.” The enhanced feature calculates daily totals of qualified timesheet hours and distributes these hours based on the pre-configured distribution rules. Mr. Harris adds, “It extends the capability of the existing time distribution feature, which allows for manual distribution, and it is ideal for cases in which employees’ real-time transfers are deemed too time consuming and labor costs are routinely changed to a selection of labor groups. The end result is transferred to payroll and included in specific system reports for cost analysis and management.”

The NOVAtime 4000 Automated Time Distribution feature makes it significantly easier to manage labor hours and charge back or project billing based on predefine rules. Below are a few examples of the available distribution options:

  • Fixed amount distribution: A company can configure the system such that, for all employees in the shipping department, the first two hours of work are automatically transferred to Customer A, the next two hours to Customer B, and the remaining hours to Customer C.
  • Percentage distribution: A company can configure the system such that, for all employees in the shipping department, 20% of the work hours are automatically transferred to Customer A, 30% to Customer B, and 50% to Customer C.
  • Fixed amount combined with a percentage distribution for any remaining hours: A company can configure the system such that, for all employees in the shipping department, the first two hours of work are transferred to Customer A, the next two hours to Customer B, and 30% of the remaining hours to Customer C, while the other 70% of the remaining hours are transferred to Customer D.

The Vice President of Research and Development at NOVAtime, Gil Sidhom, comments, “The Automated Time Distribution module is a very powerful feature. It automatically calculates the hours based on the distribution rules, therefore simplifying and reducing the time consumption of data entry for companies with the need for automated project tracking and charge back.”

About NOVAtime
Established in 1999, NOVAtime has helped over 10,000 organizations around the world benefit from their use of NOVAtime Workforce Management solutions. With corporate offices located in Diamond Bar, California, NOVAtime utilizes the latest advancements in technology for its complete suite of Workforce Management solutions. This has enabled NOVAtime to serve companies with complex data collection requirements, including badge/biometric time clocks, browser-based data collection, telephone features, PDA scanners, etc. NOVAtime offers solutions for scheduling, labor allocation, job costing, work-order management, and cost center allocation. These solutions can be delivered through two supported software platforms: a licensed client-server application with web capabilities, and subscription-based software as a service application with a multi-tiered, multi-tenant infrastructure.

For more information about NOVAtime, and to learn about how we have helped other companies control costs and remain compliant with today’s challenging business requirements, please visit http://www.novatime.com or call 877.486.6682.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Scott Rose
NOVAtime Technology, Inc.
(877) 486-6682
Email >
Visit website