(PRWEB) July 21, 2008
As gas prices skyrocket and environmental issues become major concerns, everyone seems to be looking for new ways to decrease fuel consumption. Cutting down on driving or buying a new hybrid car is simply not an option for everyone, so companies like Tire Kingdom, Merchant’s Tire and NTB have created fuel saving packages that follow the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines for increasing fuel efficiency. These simple car maintenance procedures will help you save fuel, money, and help the environment while keeping your current vehicle.
- Keep your engine tuned. Tuning your engine according to your owner’s manual can increase gas mileage by an average of 4%. Increases vary depending on a car’s condition.
- Keep your tires properly inflated and aligned. It can increase gas mileage up to 3%.
- Clean Air Filter increases mileage up to 10%
- Change your oil. According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), you can improve your gas mileage by using the manufacturer’s recommended grade of motor oil. Motor oil that says “Energy Conserving” on the performance symbol of the American Petroleum Institute contains friction-reducing additives that can improve fuel economy up to 1-2%.
Tire Kingdom, Merchants and NTB along with their hundreds of retail stores have stepped up to the plate and now offer several fuel saver packages. They are challenging customers to improve their fuel economy with one of the following auto service packages:
- Good Package: Tire Rotation, Air Pressure Check, Replace Air Filter, Check/Refill All Fluids, Check Alignment, and a Basic Oil/Lube Filter
- Better Package: 4 Tire Rotation, Air Pressure Check, Replace Air Filter, Check/Refill All Fluids, Basic Oil/Lube Filter, Fuel Induction Service, Throttle Body Cleaning
- Best Package: 4 Tire Rotation, Air Pressure Check, Replace Air Filter, Check/Refill All Fluids, Precision Alignment, Fuel Induction Service, Throttle Body Cleaning, Synthetic Oil/Lube Filter, Replace Fuel Filter
Tire Kingdom/TBC Shared Services is the largest independent auto services retailer in the United States, with over 670 retail locations operating under Tire Kingdom, NTB, and Merchant’s Tire.
jking @ TireKingdom.com