I want to drive GNC to new levels of performance through benchmarking and best practices, which is why we just joined the Consortium.
Raleigh, NC (Vocus) June 9, 2010
Tompkins Supply Chain Consortium, the premier source for benchmarking metrics and leading practices information, announced today that General Nutrition Centers (GNC) is the group’s 500th active participating member.
“I want to drive GNC to new levels of performance through benchmarking and best practices, which is why we just joined the Consortium,” says Lee Karayusuf, GNC’s Senior VP, Distribution and Transportation. “I am impressed with their database, advanced analysis tools, customized surveys, and their yearly event – The Supply Chain Leadership Forum.”
The Consortium’s membership has more than doubled over the past two years due to the leadership of the advisory board – Campbell Soup Company, Hallmark Cards, Hewlett Packard, Ingram Micro, Kraft Foods, Limited Brands, Miller-Coors, The Coca-Cola Company and Target – along with guidance from the organization’s staff.
“We are proud of what the Consortium has accomplished,” notes Bruce Tompkins, the Consortium’s Executive Director. “We’ve put a lot of effort into making this group highly valuable to its members, and we are seeing our hard work pay off. With companies like GNC helping us grow in the right direction, the benefits of membership will continue to expand.”
Benefits of joining the Consortium include:
- A series of tools that allow companies to identify and prioritize hidden opportunities that exist within their organizations;
- Online resources to meet all supply chain benchmarking needs and to identify the proven practices that will improve performance;
- No fee for contributing members to begin entering essential core benchmark data and receive benchmark results using unique scorecard tools;
- An annual members-only conference that excludes attendance by vendors, software distributors and consulting companies, creating an environment in which dozens of professionals can openly discuss their challenges, concerns, and plans; and
- A growing membership that enables members to benchmark themselves against comparable companies in their industries.
To learn more about Tompkins Supply Chain Consortium, visit the website and choose the "new member" option. The Consortium also has a LinkedIn group and Xing group for companies that are interested in staying current on the latest in supply chain benchmarking and best practices.
About Tompkins Supply Chain Consortium
Tompkins Supply Chain Consortium is the premier source for supply chain benchmarking and best practices knowledge. With 500 participating retail, manufacturing and wholesale/distribution companies, the Consortium sponsors a comprehensive repository of 17,000-plus benchmarks complemented by search capabilities, online analysis tools, topic forums and peer networking for supply chain executives and practitioners. The Consortium is led by the needs of its membership and an Advisory Board that includes executives from Campbell Soup Company, Hallmark Cards, Hewlett Packard, Ingram Micro, Kraft Foods, Limited Brands, Miller-Coors, The Coca-Cola Company and Target. To learn more about how your company can become a member of the Supply Chain Consortium, contact John Foley, 919-855-5461 or visit http://www.supplychainconsortium.com.