The team at TopConsumerReviews.com reviewed several home security companies and found that the greatest level of customer satisfaction was provided from those that offered the latest technology, affordable pricing and 24 hour monitoring service.
New Orleans, LA (PRWEB) May 18, 2013
TopConsumerReviews.com has posted the best home security systems in New Orleans for 2013. TopConsumerReviews.com provides independent reviews for thousands of products, including home security systems reviews, in order to help consumers make the best decision possible.
New Orleans is a city of approximately 360,000 residents and a significant per capita property crime rate. Nearly 1 in every 25 residents of New Orleans will encounter some form of property crime each year. Violent crimes are also high with 1 in every 131 residents being at risk each year. Safety is important to the residents of New Orleans and many are looking for affordable ways to reduce their risk of a violent or property crime at home.
Experts suggest that some of the best methods to improving a home's safety include:
- Install Exterior Locks: When purchasing a new home, be sure to change the exterior door locks as soon as possession is assumed. Also, reprogram the exterior garage door opener if there is one.
- Add Exterior Lighting: Statistics show that homes that are well-lit are less likely to be burglarized. Install floodlights around the exterior of your home, especially around points of entry.
- Have an Emergency Plan: A well devised and practiced emergency plan can mean the difference between life and death for any family. Should a break-in occur, a family needs to react quickly I order to avoid physical harm.
- Plan for Vacations: Ask a neighbor or friend to pick up newspapers, mail, and any packages so they don’t pile up and draw the attention of a would-be criminal. Also avoid announcing your impending departure on social media websites like Facebook.
- Install a Home Security System: Most criminals will avoid homes with any type of installed security system as the risk of being caught is too great. A home security system will also alert home owners of fire, flood, and high levels of carbon monoxide.
Home security systems are said to create the greatest level of protection for residents of New Orleans. The team at TopConsumerReviews.com reviewed several home security companies and found that the greatest level of customer satisfaction was provided from those that offered the latest technology, affordable pricing and 24 hour monitoring service. Wireless home security systems, with minimal installation, especially for apartment dwellers and renters, were identified as the most flexible and user friendly.
"With over 2 million burglaries in the United States every year, many people are focusing on home security systems as a way to protect their home and families,” explained Brian Dolezal, of TopConsumerReviews.com. “Providing an easy-to-use website that compares and contrasts the best home security systems available is a great benefit to the consumer. While we recognize that the ultimate decision belongs to the customer, we hope our reviews make for a better informed and less stressful selection process."
To find out more about home security companies, including reviews and comparison rankings, please visit the Home Security Systems category of TopConsumerReviews.com at http://www.topconsumerreviews.com/home-security/.
TopConsumerReviews.com, LLC is a leading provider of independent reviews and rankings for thousands of consumer products and services. They offer the latest on Home Security including information, education, and ratings for the best home security systems available today.