Orlando, Florida (PRWEB) December 15, 2011
One of Orlando's most trusted plumbers, Acorn Plumbing Services, today released some best practices for homeowners. Although a homeowner may need to call a professional in times of trouble, everyone should be aware of some basic guidelines that can help avoid common plumbing and drain issues.
- Few things are as frustrating as a clogged drain and a homeowner might be tempted to use a harsh chemical drain cleaning product to fix the problem. Don’t! These types of products can ruin pipes. Try removing hair with a hair removal tool, sold at most hardware stores for less than $6. If that doesn’t work, a plumber is probably needed.
- By replacing the anode rod (special part that dissolves to protect the lining of water heater) every 10 years, homeowners can increase the life expectancy of the water heater. Also keep in mind, tankless water heaters need to be de-scaled (flushed and cleaned with a special chemical) every one to three years to keep working at peak efficiency.
- Remove debris from all faucet aerators (the screen within the spout) to keep water stream flowing properly.
- Put hanging cleaners, such as chlorine or bowl freshening items, inside the bowl – not inside the toilet tank. If placed inside a tank, these cleaners could eventually destroy plumbing parts and can create a buildup that restricts water flow causing flushing problems in the future.
- If a toilet is wobbly, it may need to be reseated by a plumber. The movement of the toilet can even cause a leak which may cause a homeowner’s water bill to go up.
- To keep a garbage disposal at optimal performance, use powders and tablets made specifically to clean and refresh a disposal. Do not use bleach or other corrosive chemicals, which kill the smell but can eventually cause the grinder inside the garbage disposal to corrode. Taken care of properly, a garbage disposal can last up to 15 to 20 years.
This is a family owned business that never forgets what it’s like to be on the customer’s end of a plumbing repair. Acorn Plumbing Services has the knowledge, skills, and experience to handle any plumbing problem and leave customers completely satisfied. In addition, they provide fair, honest, and affordable pricing. For more information about Acorn Plumbing Services, check them out on the Web.
About Acorn Plumbing Services
Acorn Plumbing Services provides quality work at great pricing. The company offers same day response, a one year warranty on parts and labor, and is available 24-7 for emergency service. Services include plumbing and drain cleaning, water and sewer line repairs and replacements, water heaters and filtration systems, garbage disposals, toilet repairs, faucets, and more. They proudly serve the Orlando area including Orange, Seminole, Osceola, and Lake Counties.
# # #