In this new economy, consumers are demanding more choice
Singapore (Vocus) May 7, 2010
Toshiba's Computer Systems Division (CSD), a division of Toshiba Singapore Pte Ltd, today announced a new look and a new direction for its popular L Series of everyday notebooks. Designed for budget-smart consumers, the new Satellite L Series of notebooks strike an ideal balance of style, performance and value.
"In this new economy, consumers are demanding more choice," said Ms. Wong Wai Meng, Senior Manager of Product Marketing, Toshiba's Computer Systems Division. "We've expanded our value- line notebooks, adding more screen size options, new features and our Fusion Finish with different colour variations to provide a brand new look. It's a great example of Toshiba's ability to meet market demands with solid, high-quality products that exemplifies our commitment to value and innovation."
The Satellite L Series consists of three model classes: the versatile 14-inch Satellite L640/L645, the lightweight 13.3-inch Satellite L630/L635, and the larger 15.6-inch Satellite L650/L655 desktop replacement. Each notebook is equipped with the latest processors and standout features like HD Clear SuperView widescreen LED backlight displays feature stunning 16:9 aspect ratios and native 720p resolution well-suited for enjoying digital entertainment, powering through spreadsheets or managing home finances, and hard drives ranging from 250GB to 500GB. Well-equipped with built-in high-speed wireless connectivity, lots of expansion ports and featuring 2010 Intel® Core™ Processors, the Satellite L Series notebooks are ideal for students, home users and anyone looking to enjoy digital media, staying productive, connecting online or casual gaming.
New features of Satellite L Series notebooks include:
- Fusion™ Finish design with new color variations (model dependent): Proving that great style is available at any price, the Satellite L Series notebooks now come dressed in Toshiba's Fusion Finish featuring a contrast surface and a new patterned IMR in precious black color, giving the new series a thinner impression and wider appearance. The higher-end Satellite L645 and L635 series sport a classier design with a glossy flat keyboard, contrasting chrome details on the touchpad buttons, and a choice of 4 colors: Metallic Gray, Modena Red, Snow White and Maroon Brown.
- Dolby® Advanced Audio sound system: Adding a new level of realism to movies, music and games, the Satellite L series is now able to provide a vivid entertainment experience from any pair of speakers or any set of headphone. The Dolby® Advanced Audio brings together a suite of technologies including audio optimization, natural bass and high-frequency enhancer that let users enjoys a richer audio experience.
- Toshiba PC Health Monitor: All Satellite models now feature this system utility that proactively checks the laptop's critical components for problematic conditions, such as battery performance, heat and hard drive movement. The software helps users diagnose potential problems before they occur in order to protect from data loss.
- Toshiba Power-Saving Eco Utility: A utility that allows users to monitor and adjust their power consumption and settings in real-time. The utility also provides daily, weekly and monthly analysis reports that show accumulated power savings.
- Toshiba Bulletin Board™ and Toshiba ReelTime™: Taking advantage of Windows 7's simplicity to provide users with a unique Toshiba notebook PC experience, the intuitive Toshiba Bulletin Board is a simple, creative and fun user application to organize day-to-day activities and projects. The Toshiba ReelTime™ is a visual representation of recent files to help users quickly find what they are looking for.
Actual features and specifications vary according to model. For detailed specifications, please check the Specs Sheet or on Toshiba website at "pc.toshiba-asia.com"
Toshiba celebrates its 25th anniversary in the Notebook PC business
This year, Toshiba celebrates its 25th anniversary of innovations and quality in the notebook PC business. We launched the world’s first commercial Notebook PC - the "T1100"- in 1985. Since this pioneering beginning, Toshiba has continued to lead the way in the evolution of the portable PC with many "world's firsts", while defining and promoting technologies that set industry standards, helping to enlarge the industry and making PCs more user-friendly.
Established in 1875, Toshiba Corporation is a global high technology product leader with 315 major subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. Toshiba Singapore Pte. Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. Its Singapore-based Computer Systems Division (CSD) is the regional headquarters for South and Southeast Asia. In addition to notebooks under the QOSMIO, Satellite, Satellite Pro, TECRA, PORTÉGÉ and libretto product brand names, the company also offers portable and wireless accessories for customers under the Toshiba brand name. For more information, visit the company's website at "pc.toshiba-asia.com".
# # #