USB Sleep & Charge function
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) July 14, 2008
"At Toshiba, our goal has always been to create innovations that improve the lives of our customers," said Jeff Barney, vice president and general manager, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "By incorporating Intel's latest Centrino 2 mobile technology into the Satellite laptop PC line, our users have a product in hand that will empower them to do even more."
Toshiba Satellite laptop PCs feature the latest Intel® Centrino™ 2 processor(1) technology, which boasts greater wireless connectivity, battery life and performance. Users will have ample power to run Windows Vista at its full potential to enjoy Aero graphics, 64-bit(2) environments, and demanding new applications—without the use of an external graphics card. This technology will provide Satellite laptop users with cutting-edge performance on the road with up to five times(3) faster wireless connectivity and the longer possible battery life.
The latest Intel Centrino 2 technology will be available within the Toshiba Satellite P300, Satellite A300, Satellite M300 and Satellite U400 laptop series, which builds upon the Satellite brand's solid reputation of quality and performance. Several additional innovative features help further set the Satellite laptop PCs series apart, including a built-in FM Tuner, eSATA Port, Sleep-and-Charge USB Ports(4) and Face Recognition technology, with select models sporting a 64-bit OS computing option and Toshiba's REGZA LINK™ (HDMI-CEC) technology, which empowers users with instant and automated device configuration and the ability to control linked HDMI-CEC enabled devices, such as Toshiba's REGZA™ HDTVs and a Satellite laptop, with a single remote.
The new Satellite laptop PCs have a starting price of $749.99(5), and will be available in early August as a configuration option directly from Toshiba at http://www.toshibadirect.com. Detailed product specifications and information can be found at http://www.explore.toshiba.com/satellite.
Multimedia: Satellite Photos
The Toshiba Satellite laptop series is available with a one-year standard limited warranty(6), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country or packaging and delivery of the product to a centralized depot for prompt turnaround service from any of the 4,460 UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations nationwide. Customers can also choose to upgrade the laptop's service plan, including up to four years of extended warranty coverage.
All new Toshiba laptops are RoHS-compatible(7), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. During the third quarter of 2008, Toshiba will offer a computer trade-in and recycling program for all manufacturers' PCs to reduce environmental impact and promote efficient utilization of resources. To learn more about this free PC recycling program or to find out how to recycle other consumer electronic products, please visit: http://www.toshiba.eztradein.com/toshiba.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile product and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing US$76 billion. For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at http://www.toshiba.com.
1. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
2. 64-Bit Computing. See 64-Bit Computing Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
3. Wireless-N 5X Performance Disclaimer. Up to 5x better performance with optional Intel® Next-Gen Wireless N technology enabled by 2x3 Draft N implementations with 2 spatial streams. Actual results may vary based on your specific hardware, connection rate, site conditions, and software configurations. See http://www.intel.com/performance/mobile/index.htm for more information. Also requires a Connect with Intel® Centrino® processor technology certified wireless n access point. Wireless n access points without the Connect with Intel® Centrino® processor technology identifier may require additional firmware for increased performance results. Check with your PC and access point manufacturer for details.
4. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
5. Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price."
6. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, and extended warranty and service upgrade plans are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
7. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba's Digital Products Division today announced its Satellite(R) laptop PC line has been enhanced with the latest Intel(R) Centrino(R) 2 processor technology.
intel, laptop, laptop pc, notebook, satellite, toshiba, vista