By combining superior components into a lightweight form factor, the Satellite U305-S2816 is a perfect device for users who require mobility to meet the demands of a fast-paced world.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) February 5, 2008
Codename Penryn, Intel's newest line of premiere mobile processors provides Toshiba's high-end, thin-and-light consumer notebook with ample strength for powering the most demanding applications, while consuming less energy to empower users to accomplish more with greater efficiency.
"Toshiba's new Satellite U305-S2816 provides users with an excellent blend of portability, performance and power at an exceptional price," said Jeff Barney, vice president of marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "By combining superior components into a lightweight form factor, the Satellite U305-S2816 is a perfect device for users who require mobility to meet the demands of a fast-paced world."
With a starting price of $1,349.99(2), the Satellite U305-S2816 provides an ideal mix of performance, design and price to offer students, families and mobile professionals a computing solution that is ergonomic, aesthetically pleasing and powerful. The Satellite U305-S2816 incorporates 2048MB of memory(3), a 250GB hard disk drive(4), a starting weight of 4.6 pounds(5) and features a 13.3-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite(R) display.
By sporting the latest draft 802.11n wireless(6) protocol, the Satellite U305-S2816 offers transfer speeds up to five times(7) faster than the previous 802.11g standard. Through this new wireless protocol users can take advantage of an expanded wireless range, and the ability to download and upload large files with greater speed.
The Satellite U305 notebook series is available at http://www.toshibadirect.com as well as a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide. The following configurations demonstrate the various specifications and price options available:
Complete product specifications for all models within the Satellite U305 series are available at http://www.toshibadirect.com.
All new Toshiba notebooks are RoHS-compatible(10), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. Toshiba also offers a computer trade-in and recycling program to reduce environmental impact and promote efficient utilization of resources. All Toshiba computers qualify for free recycling, while non-Toshiba computers and other consumer electronic products can be recycled for a small fee. For more information please visit: http://www.reuse.toshiba.com.
1. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
2. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
3. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
4. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 10 to the 9th = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
5. Weight. Weight may vary. See Weight Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
6. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
7. 5X Performance Disclaimer. Based on the theoretical bandwidth maximum enabled by 2x3 Draft N implementations with 2 spatial streams. Actual throughput will vary depending on your specific operating system, hardware and software configurations. Compatible Wireless Access Point required. http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/ resources/doc_library/tech_brief/316286.pdf. (Due to its length, this URL may need to be copied/pasted into your Internet browser's address field. Remove the extra space if one exists.)
8. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
9. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
10. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
(C)2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.