Touchstone’s new low-power, high-performance timer ICs use only 1.9µA with Vcc from 1.5-5V. You can program the frequency from 0.005Hz-100kHz using a single resistor.
MILPITAS, Calif. (PRWEB) April 01, 2013
Touchstone Semiconductor, a leading developer of high-performance, low-power analog integrated circuit solutions, today announced it has added four new, high-accuracy, micropower timer ICs to its rapidly expanding family of “NanoWatt Analog™ timer integrated circuits. In addition to all other Touchstone Semiconductor ICs, these new analog timers are all in stock and ready to ship from Digi-Key, Touchstone’s authorized distributor.
These new, higher-single-supply voltage, second-generation timer ICs to the company’s very popular TS3001 and TS3002 operate over a wider supply voltage range (1.55V to 5.25V) and consume very little supply current (<2µA). To set the output frequency (or period) in these new timers, only a single resistor is needed. For the TS3003 and TS3006, the output frequency can be set from 9kHz to 300kz. For the TS3004 and TS3005, an internal 3-bit counter was added that can program the output period from 3.3µs to 233s (TS3004) or from 1.7ms to 33hrs (TS3005).
Three of the timers include a dc-voltage-controlled pulse-width modulation (PWM) output (the TS3003, the TS3004, and the TS3005). All four timers are available in space-saving, low-profile, exposed-backside-paddle TDFN packaging.
- TS3003: A higher supply voltage version of the very successful TS3001, the new TS3003 timer IC consumes 1.9µA supply current and its output frequency is single-resistor-tunable from 9kHz to 300kHz. Available in a 10-pin TDFN-EP package, TS3003 pricing starts at $0.95 in 1k quantities.
- TS3004: Including an internal 3-bit counter, he TS3004 timer IC also consumes 1.9µA supply current. With a single external resistor, the user can set the output frequency to one of eight settings from 0.0043Hz to 300kHz. Available in a 10-pin TDFN-EP package, TS3004 pricing starts at $0.95 in 1k quantities.
- TS3005: Functionally similar to the TS3004 while only consuming less than 1.35µA, the TS3005 is an extended range timer where the user can set the output frequency from 0.0084 mHz (the reciprocal of 33hrs) to 588 Hz (the reciprocal of 1.7ms). This is three times longer than the next closest solution. Available in a 10-pin TDFN package, TS3005 pricing starts at $0.95 in 1k quantities.
- TS3006: Functionally similar to the TS3003, the TS3006 is designed for cost-sensitive applications where a fixed frequency output is all that is needed. Available in an 8-pin TDFN package, TS3006 pricing starts at $0.55 in 1k quantities.
The Touchstone series of micropower timer ICs are easy-to-use and versatile. They are optimized for ultra-long life, low-frequency battery-powered/portable applications, including micropower PWM control, pulse-position modulation control, clock generation and sequential timing. They can also be used as a low parts count micropower oscillators and compact replacements for crystal and ceramic oscillators.
- Ultra Low Supply Current:
- TS3003, TS3004, TS3006: 1.9μA at 25kHz
- TS3005: 1.35μA at 49Hz
- Supply Voltage Operation: 1.55V to 5.25V
- All Four Timers Use (1) Single Resistor To Set FOUT at 50% Duty Cycle:
- TS3003, TS3006 Output Frequency Range: 9kHz ≤ FOUT≤ 300kHz
- Two Timers with 3-Pin-Programmable Extended Ranges: TS3004: User-Programmable FOUT Period: 3.3µs ≤ tFOUT ≤ 233s; TS3005: User-Programmable FOUT Period: 1.7ms ≤ tFOUT ≤ 33hr
- FOUT Period Accuracy: 3%
- FOUT Period Drift: 0.02%/ºC
- Separate PWM Control and Buffered Output (TS3003, TS3004, and TS3005)
- FOUT/PWMOUT Output Driver Resistance: 160Ω
All Touchstone timer ICs are fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
For more information on Touchstone’s timers or to download a data sheet, visit the Touchstone web site. Engineers are invited to order free samples and free demo boards at the product pages listed above.
Touchstone Semiconductor, Inc., creates high-performance analog integrated circuit solutions that solve critical problems for electronics companies. Touchstone's second-source products are pin-compatible, specification identical solutions, offering customers a long-awaited alternative source for hard to get sole-sourced products. Touchstone's proprietary products provide unique combinations of features and performance that cannot be found from any other supplier. Founded in 2010, Touchstone is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. Its investors include Opus Capital and Khosla Ventures. Follow the company on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
# # #
Editor’s Note: Images and datasheets are available at http://touchstonesemi.com.