Touchstone's TSM9938 and TSM9634 are pin-compatible, specification- identical and functionally identical to Maxim's MAX9938 and MAX9634 ICs.
Milpitas, CA (PRWEB) November 30, 2011
Touchstone Semiconductor, a developer of high-performance analog integrated circuit solutions, today announced the expansion of its Maxim alternate-source family to 15 products with the addition of six new current-sense amplifiers. Touchstone now offers eight current-sense amplifiers as part of its Maxim alternate-source family.
The new current-sense amplifiers include the TSM9938H, TSM9938T and TSM9938W and the TSM9634H, TSM9634T and TSM9634W. They are pin-compatible, specification-identical and functionally identical to Maxim Integrated Products’ MAX9938H, MAX9938T and MAX9938W and the MAX9634H, MAX9634T and MAX9634W. They join the TSM9938F and TSM9634F to form a complete product family. All versions of the TSM9938 and TSM9634 current-sense amplifiers are in stock and available to ship immediately.
Touchstone now offers 15 analog ICs as part of its Maxim alternate-source product family. Touchstone’s alternate-source parts can be used in conjunction with Maxim’s products to ensure a constant supply of product so companies can build products and meet shipping deadlines.
Touchstone’s new analog product families offer the following features:
- TSM9938 -- low-power current-sense amplifiers that replaces the MAX9938. They are guaranteed to operate from +1.6V to +28V, consume no more than 1μA supply current, have 500µV (max) input offset voltage and offer four fixed-gain options:
o 25V/V (TSM9938T)
o 50V/V (TSM9938F)
o 100V/V (TSM9938H)
o 200V/V (TSM9938W)
- TSM9634 -- low-power current-sense amplifiers that replaces the MAX9634. They are guaranteed to operate from +1.6V to +28V, consume no more than 1μA supply current, have 250µV (max) input offset voltage and offer four fixed-gain options:
o 25V/V (TSM9634T)
o 50V/V (TSM9634F)
o 100V/V (TSM9634H)
o 200V/V (TSM9634W)
TSM9938 and TSM9634 Current-Sense Amplifiers
The TSM9938 and the TSM9634 are designed for portable/battery-powered systems, power management applications, over-current and fault detection, lamp monitoring, motor control, notebook computers, cell phones and other mobile and handheld personal communication devices.
The TSM9938 and TSM9634 families are available in small-format, 5-pin SOT23-5 packaging. TSM9938 pricing starts at $0.65 each per 1,000 part quantity. TSM9634 pricing starts at $0.71 each per 1,000 part quantity.
Touchstone’s other alternate-source products include:
- TSM6025A/B, low-power, single-supply, precision +2.5V voltage reference ICs that are pin, specification, and functionally identical to the MAX6025A/B.
- TSM9117 and TSM9118, low-power, single-supply comparators with voltage reference that are pin, specification, and functionally identical to the MAX9117 and MAX9118. They consume less than 600nA of supply current.
- TSM9119 and TSM9120, low-power, single-supply comparator-only products that are pin specification, and functionally identical to the MAX9119 and MAX9120. They consume less than 400nA of supply current.
- TSM917, a low-power, single-supply comparator that are pin, specification, and functionally identical to the MAX917 nanopower comparator, operates from a single +1.8V supply and consumes no more than 750nA of supply current.
For a detailed summary on all second-source products available from Touchstone Semiconductor, please visit http://www.touchstonesemi.com/2ndsourceproducts.html. Products can be ordered directly from Future Electronics (http://www.futureelectronics.com).
ABOUT TOUCHSTONE SEMICONDUCTOR
Touchstone Semiconductor, Inc. (http://www.touchstonesemi.com) creates high-performance analog integrated circuit solutions that solve critical problems for electronics companies. Touchstone's second-source products are pin-compatible, specification identical solutions, offering customers a long-awaited alternative source for hard to get sole-sourced products. Touchstone's proprietary products provide unique combinations of features and performance that cannot be found from any other supplier. Founded in 2010, Touchstone is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. Its investors include Opus Capital and Khosla Ventures. Find us at Twitter:@touchstonesemi or Facebook: Touchstone Semiconductor.
Editor’s Note: Photos and datasheet are available.
The Touchstone Semiconductor logo is a trademark of Touchstone Semiconductor, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.