The HIA-LI’s Trade Show and Conference has established itself as the largest and most significant event of its kind on Long Island.
Hauppauge, NY (PRWEB) March 23, 2010
Businesses across Long Island are gearing up for the largest and most significant event of its kind on Long Island as HIA-LI, Long Island’s premier business organization with over 1,000 member companies, gets ready for its 22nd Annual Trade Show and Conference. The event, this year sponsored by Huntington Toyota and presented in partnership with the Long Island Forum for Technology (LIFT) and Suffolk County Community College, is the largest one-day Business to Business Trade Show on Long Island. The focus of this year’s show and conference is “The Key to Making it Happen in 2010” and it will be held on May 27, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Suffolk County Community College Sports & Exhibition Complex in Brentwood, NY. More information is available at http://hia-li.org/tradeshow2010/.
Lenny Cafarelli, General Manager of Huntington Toyota, said, “We want to take this opportunity to make Long Island our showroom. Huntington Toyota is proud and excited to be partnering with HIA-LI.”
The HIA-LI event will kick off with an Executive Breakfast at 8:00-10:00 AM, keynoted by Barry Libert, Chairman of Mzinga and whose book, BARACK INC: Winning Business Lessons of the Obama Campaign, discusses the presidential campaign’s successful use of social networking to create a vast online community that has changed politics forever.
Governor David A. Paterson (invited) will keynote HIA-LI’s “Business of CleanTech” Executive Luncheon at 11:30 AM. The Governor has worked tirelessly to move New York State into the clean energy economy and position the State as America’s leading Energy Innovation Hub. Along with key members of his energy team, Governor Paterson will discuss how their efforts are leading New York State toward an innovative clean energy economy. A panel discussion featuring distinguished New York State energy leaders will detail how companies and organizations in New York State will benefit by collaborating and innovating to accelerate the growth of CleanTech companies, leading to the creation of tens of thousands of “Good Green Jobs”.
HIA-LI member Tyler Roye, Senior Executive Officer at mindSHIFT Technologies, a leading provider of technology and cloud services, and 10-time HIA-LI Business Trade Show & Conference exhibitor, said, “The HIA-LI’s annual event consistently brings together the top talent from across Long Island to meet and discuss important trends and topics. As an exhibitor, we’ve been able to reach decision-makers with our message. This is one of Long Island’s must-attend events.”
“The HIA-LI’s Trade Show and Conference has established itself as the largest and most significant event of its kind on Long Island,” said HIA-LI President Terri Alessi-Miceli. “This year’s event will bring together nearly 400 exhibitors and over 4,500 attendees from the business, technology, professional services, educational and governmental segments to conduct business, generate sales leads and participate in a series of extremely timely and topical seminars.”
A section of the HIA Trade Show’s IT Pavilion will be devoted exclusively to companies that are actively involved in clean technology. Another attraction will be a Social Media Café where attendees will have the opportunity to learn about and used increasingly important social media tools including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Attendees and exhibitors are encouraged to use the hashtag #HIA-LI in their live tweets and status updates from the show so others can follow the event from their desks and mobile devices.
Sponsors, Exhibitor Pavilions & Seminars
This year’s conference is sponsored by:
- Ariston Payment Group (aristonpayment.com)
- Bi-County Mailing (bicountymailing.com)
- Bridgehampton National Bank (bridgenb.com/)
- Capital One Bank (capitalone.com/)
- CMIT Solutions (cmitsolutions.com)
- Coldwell Banker (coldwellbanker.com/)
- Communication Strategy Group (GoCSG.com)
- Digital Vision Productions (dvpny.com)
- Effects of Color/Minuteman Press (effectsofcolor.com)
- Event Pros Group (eventprosgroup.com)
- FedEx (fedex.com)
- HDK (hdkenterprises.com)
- Huntington Toyota (toyotaofhuntington.com)
- Long Island Business News (libn.com)
- LIPA (http://www.lipower.org/)
- National Grid (nationalgridus.com/)
- Newsday (newsday.com)
- NST (nst-li.com/)
- People’s Alliance Federal Credit Union (pafcu.org)
- Park Shore Day Camp (parkshoredaycamp.com)
- PGP Energy (pgpenergy.com/)
- Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc. (pmphr.com)
- Long Island Pulse Magazine (lipulse.com/)
- Sign-A-Rama (signaramahauppauge.com/)
- SmartSource Computer & Audio Visual Rentals (smartsourcerentals.com)
- Stony Brook Univerity (stonybrook.edu)
- Stalco Construction (stalcoconstruction.com)
- TD Bank (tdbank.com)
- The Alternative Board (tabny.com)
- Vormittag Associates (VAI) (vai.net)
- Verizon (verizon.com)
- WALK Radio (walkradio.com)
In addition to the general exhibit floor, HIA-LI will also have the following Pavilions highlighted on the Trade Show floor:
- Economic Development Pavilion
- Green Pavilion
- Healthcare Pavilion
- Manufacturing Pavilion
- Technology Pavilion
- Workforce Development Pavilion
A series of free seminars will be lead by industry leaders on a variety of timely topics, including:
- Do You Know Your Facility’s Energy Performance Rating? You Should!
- Spend Less, Make More, Legally – What You Can and Can’t Do To Increase Your Profitability by Re-positioning Your Organization’s Employee Benefits Program
- What I learned in Sales from Watching the Boss (aka Bruce Springsteen)
- Enter the Twilight Zone: The New World of Wealth Management for Business Owners and Individuals
- The Economics of Commercial Solar Electric Generation Systems - Keep Your Green in Your Pocket
- Your Tax Dollars! What Services Are Available To Help Your Business Succeed?
- Reduce Your Health Care Overhead with Wellness
- Seven Breakthrough Strategies: “New Ways of Looking at What it takes to be Successful in Sales
- Turn your IT budget into a Profit Center
- Healthcare Economics & Politics
- Being Green: What it Means & How to Get There
- Business Leadership for the Next Decade
- Customers: How To Get Them and How To Keep Them!
- Manufacturing on LI
The HIA Trade Show will be held at Suffolk County Community College’s 60,000 square foot Sports & Exhibition Complex in Brentwood, NY. Companies are invited to participate and their executives are encouraged to attend the Trade Show. Tickets are also available for attendance at the Breakfast and Luncheon. Additional information is available at http://hia-li.org/tradeshow2010/.
HIA-LI (The Hauppauge Industrial Association of Long Island) is a 32 year old not-for-profit business organization that represents the 1,600 companies and 55,000 employees in one of the largest industrial parks in the nation. With a membership of approximately 1,000 companies in Hauppauge and throughout Long Island, HIA-LI is recognized as a powerful economic development force in the region. HIA-LI provides services and programs focusing on international trade, human resources, business development, government affairs, manufacturing, technology, environment, education, engineering, transportation, energy and much more. For more information, visit http://www.hia-li.org.
Anne Strauss, Communication Strategy Group, http://www.gocsg.com; 631-766-6810
TRADE SHOW CONTACT:
Theresa Sciarrone, HIA-LI, http://www.hia-li.org; 631-543-5355