The Marketing ChainManagement Company
(PRWEB) April 02, 2012
On April 2 (Mon), the Airport Mail-Order Limited Liability Partnership (hereafter, Airport Mail-Order LLP) will begin Internet marketing operations with the regional specialty Internet shopping mall “coocomall (= airport mall)”. This partnership was established through a joint investment by All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. (hereafter, ANA), transcosmos inc., Hakodate Airport Terminal Building Co., Ltd., Sendai Airport Service Co., Ltd. (a 100% subsidiary of the Sendai Airport Building Co., Ltd.), Fukushima Airport Building Co., Ltd., Oita Air Terminal Co., Ltd., Nagasaki Airport Building Co., Ltd. and Miyazaki Airport Building Co., Ltd.,
The Airport Mail-Order LLP was established for the purpose of local revitalization, and also to strengthen the operating base of airport building companies through Internet sales of local specialty products. Each of the airport building companies has set up their own independent Internet shop, but now six airport building companies are voluntarily working together to launch a joint venture with ANA, which deploys a broad network at airports throughout the country, and transcosmos inc., which develops global IT services. By setting up this shopping mall through a cooperative effort, they will increase consumer awareness and develop Internet sales of local specialty products such as souvenirs throughout the country.
“coocomall” will bring together local regions and consumers with souvenir and specialty products handled by airport concession stands. At first, only six airports will open stores in the mall, but the expansion of contracts with other airports will then be pursued with the aim of nationwide development (First year target: Merchandise billing of ¥200 million; 2016 target: Merchandise billing of ¥7 billion). In addition, future activities will be conducted with a view to attracting visitors to Japan to local regions through the export of local specialty products via an overseas network.
(1) Name: Airport Mail-Order Limited Liability Partnership (Abbreviated name: Airport Mail-Order LLP)
(2) Main business activities:
1. Attraction of customers through portal sites and the like related to Internet marketing for members and newly contracted companies
2. Consulting and the like regarding Internet marketing operations for airport building companies managed by members and newly contracted airport building companies
(3) Date established: February 8, 2012 (Wed)
(4) Business opening: April 2, 2012 (Mon) 12:00
(5) Stock capitalization: ¥14 million
All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. (50%)
transcosmos inc. (14%)
Hakodate Airport Terminal Building Co., Ltd. (6%)
Sendai Airport Service Co., Ltd. (6%)
Fukushima Airport Building Co., Ltd. (6%)
Oita Air Terminal Co., Ltd. (6%)
Nagasaki Airport Building Co., Ltd. (6%)
Miyazaki Airport Building Co., Ltd. (6%)
(6) Representative: Nobuyuki Tokuda
(7) Location: 1-5-2, Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd., Planning Dept. Group, Inside the Business Promotion Dept.