Through our core technology and rate negotiation services, we have been able to guarantee that customers will make the least-cost and most appropriate shipping decision for every order across all modes while improving their transportation management processes through critical practices such as automation
Raleigh, NC (Vocus) March 10, 2009
Transite Technology , a leading provider of transportation management technologies and services, has introduced shipping optimization to its suite of technology offerings for the transportation management market. The company's optimization technology enables a shipper to logically aggregate, schedule and route shipments to lower the cost of freight.
"Through our core technology and rate negotiation services, we have been able to guarantee that customers will make the least-cost and most appropriate shipping decision for every order across all modes while improving their transportation management processes through critical practices such as automation," said Geoff Comrie, CEO of Transite. "Now, we go to the next step of lowering the cost of shipping through our optimization technology."
Transite's optimization technology dovetails into any transportation management process and delivers customer benefits including:
- Allowing cost-effective merging of shipments across multiple plants and distribution centers, regardless of where located, for maximum efficiency.
- Planning for the complex inbound supply chain from multiple vendors, inbound to different plants and distribution centers.
- Maximizing vehicle capacities by recognizing mixes of product that "weight out", "cube out" and/or is limited by pallet capacity.
- Working with mixed temperature loads with both dry and chilled product (optional mixing where product characteristics permit).
- Scheduling private fleet operations or common carrier TL service plus LTL and multi-stop loads.
- Integrating pool distribution for outbound loads -- optimal use of drops at regional distribution carrier depots in lieu of LTL or direct deliveries, including a mix of pool and direct drops on one load.
- Consolidating inbound -- plans TL picks at regional consolidation facilities in lieu of LTL or direct pickups, including a mix of consolidation and direct pickup on one load.
- Recognizing DOT Hours of Service rules, customer dock schedule restrictions, load and unload times, and impacts of driver delays on carrier load acceptance.
In the last three months, Transite has signed sales channel agreements to broaden visibility to SAP enterprise clients; introduced technology advancements to strengthen the company's suite of offerings and continued to win deals in the company's core market segments of shippers, 3PLs and carriers.
About Transite Technology
Founded in 2002, Transite's transportation management solutions enable companies like Samsonite, Pergo, and GE to streamline processes and reduce the cost of shipping outbound, inbound, and third-party freight. Transite's transportation management solutions, technologies and managed services ensure the least-cost mode and carrier for every shipping transaction by providing visibility of the entire lifecycle of the shipping process. http://www.transite.com
Les A. Hamashima
O 919-862-1900 x118
# # #