Post Office Travel Insurance top tips for saving money on adventure holidays

Share Article

Post Office travel insurance urges UK travellers to read the small print before renting sports vehicles abroad

Every year, thousands of UK holidaymakers sign up for travel insurance before jetting off on adventure holidays, but many fail to check whether planned activities such as renting mopeds or quad bikes are covered in the small print of their travel insurance. Research has shown that only 47 per cent of UK holidaymakers have read the small print on their travel insurance.

Rented mopeds and quad bikes have become a common mode of transport for UK holidaymakers in Europe, due to ready availability and ease of use. However, a number of travel insurance policies do not cover these rental vehicles, or will only pay out in case of an accident if the driver has a valid licence.

While in the majority of cases these vehicles can be rented and used without any accidents or injury, in some unfortunate circumstances, travel insurance will have to cover the costs of hospital care or damage. Top tips from the government include wearing a helmet and protective clothing when using vehicles like quad bikes. And Post Office Travel Insurance urges travellers to check their travel insurance policy details to see whether they are covered to use such vehicles.

Not all countries and travel insurance companies require a full motorcycle licence to use mopeds or quad bikes, so it is crucial for all UK travellers to read details about travel insurance cover before they rent vehicles. Some travel insurance providers offer hazardous activities extensions to travel insurance policies to cover extreme sports activities such as quad biking.

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Melanie Seasons

020 7927 999
Email >
Visit website