We've redesigned the site so users are presented with unique getaway experiences and themed overnight packages based on what they want to do, and we give them the search tools to hone in on their perfect local vacation.
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 24, 2009
With the economy in turmoil, long lines at airport security and flight delays, many travelers are sticking closer to home for quick weekend getaways, day trips to museums or visits to local festivals. The newly relaunched EscapeMaker.com offers an extensive online guide to destinations, lodgings, events and affordable getaway packages -- all within a day's drive or train ride of New York City, Philadelphia, Boston and Washington, D.C.
First launched in 2000, EscapeMaker.com is a time-saving service, featuring a free local travel guide and lodging directory. The site's mission is to provide a portal for stressed-out city dwellers and families to find an affordable vacation and to narrow down the choices for their next weekend trip - whether by car or public transportation.
The newly designed website now offers visitors more than 80 destination profiles, as well as hundreds of weekend getaway and day trip ideas based on theme and travel distance from their city of origin. From Atlantic City casino vacations to quaint Pennsylvania country inns to kid-friendly waterpark discounts, EscapeMaker lists unique finds and fantastic deals for all types of travelers.
Among the site's new features:
- A 5-Question EscapeMaker Quiz to narrow down the perfect weekend escape
- More than 50 articles on travel themes such as local Wedding and Honeymoon Vacations, Girlfriends Getaways, Gay Travel, Pet-Friendly Travel, Biking and Motorcycle Getaways.
- A Google page translation feature into 10 languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish)
- "Green" transportation savings, suggestions and schedules from partners such as Amtrak, Adirondack Trailways and Enterprise Rental Car - since many urbanites don't own cars
- A new event calendar listing hundreds of concerts, fairs and food festivals across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region.
- A special section for meeting and destination wedding planners
- Facebook, Twitter, social bookmarking tools, RSS feeds and comment posting
"Many people living in cities want a quick local escape, perhaps a day of hiking with the kids or a romantic weekend at a bed and breakfast, but are unaware of their geographic surroundings" said Caylin Sanders, CEO and President of EscapeMaker.com. "We've redesigned the site so users are presented with unique getaway experiences and themed overnight packages based on what they want to do, and we give them the search tools to hone in on their perfect local vacation."
From Vermont inns to Pennsylvania bed & breakfasts to New York hotels, the site features a lodging directory as well as an expanded amenity search for vacation rentals. In addition, the site will be adding more content in other nearby states, as it has mostly focused on NY, CT, NJ and PA in the last few years.
Other new features to EscapeMaker.com include a monthly weekend getaway contest, a blog with last minute travel alerts, a travel forum for users to post questions, and an itinerary feature where users can save events and businesses and submit comments on their own local travel experiences.
For more information, visit http://www.EscapeMaker.com