Alberta (PRWEB) February 26, 2008
Travel Alberta, the province's destination marketing organization, launched an enhanced version of one of its consumer websites, TravelAlbertaLive.com, on January 15, 2008. Functioning as a 'one-stop-shop' the redesigned website offers a new look and user-friendly features to help visitors easily plan urban and outdoor adventures across Alberta.
The easily navigable web design is both eye-catching and practical with news updates featured prominently on the main page of the website. Content is updated regularly with activities and events around the province, and all event details are merely a click away.
With a drive to turn information into action, the website's latest additions include interactive tools targeting outdoor enthusiasts and city travelers - key markets for Travel Alberta. Here's what is new:
- Snow reports. The website hosts current snow reports for hills across the province to keep skiers and snowboarders informed the best destinations in their region of choice. Snow Reports can be added to consumers' Facebook profiles for quick and easy access.
- Travel Alberta TV. A hands-free way to keep in tune with what's going on in Alberta, Travel Alberta TV has a series of hosted video clips on two channels. Fresh Tracks keeps viewers up to date on the latest and greatest outdoor activities, in addition to advice on what's hot, where to go and what to wear. Your Town opens the door to down-home Alberta with destination ideas and fascinating vignettes from across the province
- E-magazines. Fresh Tracks and City Spice offer travel experiences, activities and events to help consumers plan outdoor or urban holidays.
- Travel Planner. The Travel Planner allows both visitors and residents to browse events and attractions in Alberta's two largest cities, Calgary and Edmonton, along with the province's numerous ski hills. Favourites can be saved online where personalized itineraries can then be created, shared or printed for handy reference.
- Holiday Card. The popular Holiday Card gets its own page complete with an extensive list of special offers for travel experiences throughout Alberta - all exclusive to Holiday Card holders.
In step with Travel Alberta's plans to grow the holiday market and increase tourism spending within the province, the improved website meets the consumer demand for frequent and intense forms of recreation that can be shared with family and friends. Ideas, dates and locations of mini-breaks and events are made easily accessible to visitors who surf through the website.