(PRWEB) September 28, 2012
Recently, the T.R.E.E. House children’s museum began offering a healthy living and eating class for kids and local community members according to thetowntalk.com. In response, Massage School San Diego, a proponent of healthy living, raw food snacks and San Diego massage schools, has released a list of ways parents can get children to eat healthier and consume more vegetables, with aims of encouraging better eating habits amongst our younger generation.
The T.R.E.E. House, a children’s museum located in Alexandria, Louisiana, recently started offering Healthy Foundations, a healthy eating and living class for area children and their families. During the class, participants learn how to grow their own garden, incorporate exercise into their lives and eat healthier, among other things. The museum boasts an on-site organic garden from which students can tend to and pick from during class. The class is free and made possible thanks to a $10,000 grant from the Rapides Foundation.
In conjunction with Healthy Foundations, Massage School San Diego has released a list of ways parents can get their kids to eat better and consume more vegetables:
- Menu plan. At the beginning of each week, plan ahead for each of your child’s meals. Include a grain, vegetable and a protein.
- Shop with them. Let your kids pick out their own fruits and vegetables. Then, they’ll feel a sense of ownership when it comes time to eat them.
- Hide the vegetables. Work veggies into meals so that they’re not noticeable. Mix them into spaghetti or close them up in a quesadilla.
- Make it fun. Let your kids help you cook, and they’ll be more invested in eating the meal.
- Use dips. Give your kids raw veggies with ranch, hummus or some other tasty dip. They’ll love the interactive spin on eating, and they might even like the taste, too!
T.R.E.E House is a children’s museum located in downtown Alexandria, Louisiana. Geared toward kids 1 to 12 years old, T.R.E.E. house provides interactive, engaging and hands-on experiences that help children learn. The museum officially opened its doors in May 2000.
Alexandria is a city located in Central Louisiana. It is a part of Rapides Parish and boasts a population of more than 47,000. It is situated on the south bank of the Red River.
Louisiana is a state in the southern area of the United States, located on the Gulf of Mexico. Unlike other states, Louisiana does not have counties, only parishes. The state boasts a population of 4.5 million.
In conjunction with the T.R.E.E. House’s Healthy Foundations classes, Massage School San Diego has released a list of ways parents can help their kids eat healthier and consume more vegetables.
About Massage School San Diego:
A long-standing resource to the San Diego massage education community, MassageSchoolSanDiego.com provides guidance and assistance to incoming massage students, incoming attendees, and the massage schools of San Diego themselves. MSSD is also a purveyor of health news, healthy living tips, and healthy eating advice for man and animal alike.