Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI): Standards and Guidelines Development with a Focus On Point-of-Care Testing
Past News ReleasesRSS
(PRWEB) March 9, 2010
March 5, 2010—TriMark Publications (http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/), a global leader in the biotechnology, healthcare and life sciences publishing, announces the TriMark Point of Care Testing Conference 2010 entitled:
“Point of Care Testing 3: Breakthroughs in Patient Care and Data Management”
The TriMark Point of Care Testing Conference 2010 has been organized to provide a critical examination of the point of care industry, as well as valuable insights from key industry leaders concerning cutting-edge point of care technologies and the impact on clinical medicine. The Conference will be a gathering of global companies leading the way in point of care testing and will include presentations from POC industry experts such as:
- Keynote Speaker James Nichols, Ph.D., Tufts University School of Medicine and Bay State Medical Center discussing “Reducing Medical Errors and Improving Patient Safety at the Point-of-Care”.
- Vida Montgomery, MPH, CLS, MT (ASCP) POCT Supervisor, USC-University Hospital discussing “The Life of a Point of Care Coordinator: Excitement and Fulfillment on a Daily Basis”.
- Kent Lewandrowski, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Chief of Pathology and Director of Clinical Services at Massachusetts General Hospital discussing “Implementing Point of Care Testing to Improve Patient Outcome in the Emergency Department”.
- Howard J. Kirchick, Ph.D., Scientific Affairs Director at Biosite, Inc. discussing “The Role of POC D-dimer Testing in the Rapid Triage of Dyspneic Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department”.
- Jeff DuBois, Vice President and Medical & Scientific Affairs at Nova Biomedical, Inc. discussing “Point-of-Care Connectivity Past, Present, and Future”.
- Joseph Dooley, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB, Editor-in-Chief at TriMark Publications, LLC discussing “Business Changes in the Point of Care Testing Sector: What’s Happening and Why”.
- Ellen Jo Baron, Ph.D., D(ABMM), Professor of Pathology at Stanford University Medical School discussing “Real-Time PCR as POC Tests (Really) for Infectious Diseases in the Delivery Suite, the ED and the Clinic”.
- Barbara Goldsmith, Ph.D., Vice President for Marketing and Business Development at CLSI discussing “Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI): Standards and Guidelines Development with a Focus On Point-of-Care Testing”.
The Conference will be held on Monday, May 10, 2010 at the Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown located at 1646 Front Street, San Diego, California. Registration details at http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/ .
Conference attendees will receive six hours of AACC continuing education credits. Details at http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/ .
Who Should Attend:
- Point of care coordinators.
- Medical technologists and laboratorians.
- Laboratory directors and supervisors.
- Point of care technology development companies.
- Physicians and clinical scientists.
- Industry representatives and researchers.
- Regulatory personnel.
- A critical examination of key emerging technologies in point of care testing.
- Transitioning from laboratory in vitro diagnostics to point of care diagnostics.
- Evidence-based medicine in point of care testing.
- Point of care testing as an essential critical care medicine tool.
- Point of care testing is an important resource tool for practicing family medicine.
Issues Addressed at the TriMark Conference:
- How to achieve quality in point of care testing.
- How to implement point of care testing to improve patient outcomes.
- The impact of molecular diagnostics on point of care testing.
- Which new technologies will reach the point of care market in the next 2-3 years?
- Point of care testing in rapid diagnosis of AMI in the ED.
- What are the prospects for point of care testing in the future?
- How is technology innovation facilitating the transition of POC testing into standard healthcare practice?
Top Five Reasons To Attend the TriMark Conference:
- Discover the point of care sectors with the greatest impact on patient care.
- Identify the key players in the point of care market and recognize how their technology platforms can energize point of care testing.
- Understand the factors driving growth of the point of care market, which represents over 30% of global in vitro diagnostics sales.
- Discover the future of point of care testing.
- See the top innovators in point of care testing technology.
Registration Fees for the Conference:
- Early-Bird Registration Fee is $395 (until April 30, 2010).
- Standard Registration Fee is $495.
- At-the-Door Fee is $595 (on May 10, 2010; subject to seating availability).
Register at http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/ .
Past Attendees at TriMark Conferences
- Beckman Coulter
- Continuum Health Partners
- Dade Behring
- Fisher HealthCare
- HCA Healthcare
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Inverness Medical
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mass General Hospital
- McKinsey & Co.
- Monarch LifeSciences
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- NY Presbyterian Hospital
- Nova Biomedical
- Quest Diagnostics
- Radiometer America
About TriMark Publications, LLC
TriMark Publications is a global leader in biotechnology, healthcare and life sciences publishing. For more information, please visit http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/ .
The statements contained in this news release that are forward-looking are based on current expectations that are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks, and actual results may differ materially.
TriMark Publications, LLC