Inspired by a browse through Crabtree & Evelyn’s vast archives, these original formulas combine timeless fragrances with modern skin care expertise and are beautifully packaged with illustrative designs -- perfect for giving and receiving.
(Vocus) March 26, 2010
A pioneer in botanical formulations for over 35 years, Crabtree & Evelyn launches the new Heritage Soap Collection of delicately embossed triple-milled soaps and striking, jewel-toned glycerine soaps that celebrate the fine art of traditional soap-making. Inspired by a browse through Crabtree & Evelyn’s vast archives, these original formulas combine timeless fragrances with modern skin care expertise and are beautifully packaged with illustrative designs -- perfect for giving and receiving. The gentle cleansing formulas are free of parabens, lauryl sulfates, mineral oil, and propylene glycol.
Triple Milled Soaps ($7.00/158G)
Available In: Crabapple & Mulberry, Oatmeal & Wheatgerm, Vetiver & Juniperberry
It takes expert soap makers 30 steps to blend just one triple-milled soap. First, the soap base is combined with natural oils and butters. Perfume oils and botanical extracts are added to the cooled soap mixture, which is then extruded and re-mixed at least three times in the ‘triple-milling’ process. This process takes additional time but ensures that the soap base and fragrance are thoroughly integrated and produces a rich, creamy texture and fine lather which gently cleanses without stripping skin of its natural oils.
- Crabapple & Mulberry -- Crabtree & Evelyn’s signature triple-milled soap is a nod to an English botanical heritage and the ancient crabapple tree, the ancestor of every apple tree that grows on this earth today. Formulated with crabapple and mulberry extracts, evening primrose oil and shea butter, this rich lathering soap will leave skin lightly scented with the spirited fragrance of crabapple and orchard blossoms combined with mulberries and the fruits of the English harvest season.
- Oatmeal & Wheatgerm -- This gently exfoliating soap is formulated with oatmeal and wheatgerm extracts shea butter, evening primrose oil and a sprinkling of coarsely milled oat flour. Its light fragrance combines meadow flowers and grasses with the fresh scent of wheatfields.
- Vetiver & Juniperberry -- Formulated with vetiver and juniperberry extracts, shea butter and evening primrose oil, this toning soap will leave skin scented with a warm blend of vetiver, sandalwood and smoked cypress with juniperberry accents.
Glycerine Soaps ($7.00/100G)
Available in: Camomile, Lime, Blackcurrant
Hand crafted by 3rd generation soap makers in Switzerland, these striking jewel-toned glycerine soaps include the finest botanical extracts and over 10% of glycerine to gently cleanse, soothe and condition skin. Glycerine soaps are ideal for all skin types -- to condition dry skin, rinse with warm water or to deeply cleanse oily skin, rinse with cool water.
- Camomile -- This citrine gold coloured soap is infused with camomile extract. Its serene fragrance blends camomile blossom with soft, delicate alpine florals.
- Lime -- A peridot green coloured soap infused with lime extract. Its refreshing fragrance blends West Indian limes, lemon and orange flower with a hint of ginger and nutmeg spice.
- Blackcurrant -- Infused with blackcurrant extract, this garnet red coloured soap’s fragrance blends blackcurrant blossoms and sweet meadow grasses with a warm amber accord.
Heritage Soaps are available for individual purchase or beautifully packaged in a complimentary gift box which holds three soaps of your choosing. The gift box is decorated with the colourful pattern of the Crabapple & Mulberry Triple-Milled Soap and ties with a ribbon, making it an ideal Mother’s Day gift.
About Crabtree & Evelyn
A pioneer in botanical formulations for over 35 years, Crabtree & Evelyn fuses the power of nature and science, luxury and comfort, and the wisdom of the past and present, to create sensorial pleasures for the body and spirit. Like the motto of our namesake, John Evelyn -- a 17th century renaissance Englishman, who wrote one of the first important works on conservation -- Crabtree & Evelyn “explores the world and keeps the best” to transform simple routines into luxurious fragrance experiences.
Crabtree & Evelyn’s muse, India Hicks, is a designer, model, author, television personality, and goddaughter of the Prince of Wales. She has embraced the simplicity of island life in the Bahamas, which is centered on her family, and an appreciation of the nature that surrounds her. India’s eclectic style and fierce individualism, along with her English heritage is a constant source of inspiration.
Crabtree & Evelyn is available online and in more than 40 countries, with over 6,000 locations and 500 concept stores worldwide. Other distribution channels include hotel amenities. For more information or to purchase products, please visit http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com or call 800-CRABTREE. To view streaming video and interactive content, please visit http://www.indiahicks-islandliving.com .
Recognised as an exceptional brand, Crabtree & Evelyn now enjoys Superbrands status in the UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
For further information, please contact:
Marie Nicole Feanny, Public Relations Manager
Crabtree & Evelyn | 102 Peake Brook Road | Woodstock, CT 06281-3429 | Phone: 860.928.2761 x 3375 | Email: mfeanny(at)crabtree-evelyn(dot)com