Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) December 06, 2012
In coordination with United for a Free Syria, the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of International Law, International Human Rights and Middle East Committees are presenting a free webinar to discuss the Syrian crisis on Friday, December 7th. A group of experts and activists will provide insights into the Syrian human rights crisis and explore the possibility of international intervention pursuant to the "Responsibility to Protect" civilians doctrine.
When: Friday, December 7, 2012, 12:00 - 1:15 PM US Eastern
- Lawrence Albrecht - President of First, Albrecht & Blondis, s.c.; ABA Section of International Law, International Human Rights Committee member.
- Alison Giffen: Senior Associate and Deputy Director of Stimson's Future of Peace Operations program where she leads the Civilians in Conflict project, aiming to increase global preparedness to prevent and respond to violence against civilians, mass atrocity, and genocide.
- Muna Jondy: Syrian-American activist, immigration attorney in Flint, Michigan, President of United for a Free Syria, Member of the of the General Secretariat of the Syrian National Council, and attendee of the opposition conference in Doha.
- Tom Porteous: Deputy Program Director, Human Rights Watch
- Mona Yacoubian, of the Stimson Center, Director of Pathways to Progress: Peace, Prosperity and Change in the Middle East Stimson Center; Co-director of the Stimson-US Institute of Peace's Lebanon Working Group.
*In the event that timing is difficult, registration includes a recording of the program that would be made available to registrants.