The Unified Communications Exchange demonstrates NextPoint’s forward-thinking capabilities – with the support of voice, video and IM – while also showing the company’s dedication to its security-based roots
Gaithersburg, MD (PRWEB) March 18, 2008
NextPoint™, a leader in fixed-mobile connectivity (FMC) solutions, today announced availability of its Unified Communications Exchange™ (UCX) solution. Powered by the NextPoint carrier-grade IntelliConnect® system, the UCX is based on the NextPoint Multi-Protocol Session Exchange (MSX), an IP-based session routing engine that directs real-time sessions over network interconnects. The UCX is designed to solve the most pressing unified communications challenges that large, global enterprises face today.
“After years of working with more than 550 service providers and large enterprise customers, and their suppliers and systems integrators, we have gained invaluable insight into the obstacles and opportunities companies face in their pursuit of unified communications to maximize employee productivity,” said Mark Pugerude, CMO of NextPoint Networks. “Until now, enterprises have had no access to a single comprehensive product that fully meets the functional, performance and security requirements of a distributed enterprise environment. NextPoint’s UCX solution fills that void.”
NextPoint’s Unified Communications Exchange Offers Unparalleled Capabilities:
According to a recent Infonetics Research report, the unified communications market is expected to grow in the high double digits annually at least through 2010, spearheaded by unified messaging. To capture the benefits of unified communications, enterprises must address a number of significant concerns. NextPoint’s UCX was designed to help enterprises overcome these challenges, including:
- Interoperability - To truly achieve unified communications in today’s market, enterprises do not have the luxury of calling upon a single vendor to meet all their needs, leading to heterogeneous communications environments. At the heart of the UCX is the ability to provide end-to-end integration between different vendors' products, delivering unified services across IP-PBXs and IP-Centrex; audio, video and web conferencing; voice mail, fax mail and unified messaging systems; and Instant Messaging platforms. With the ability to support Presence, the UCX can integrate traditionally disparate systems to provide the foundation for seamless collaboration.
- Scalability - Current enterprise communications systems typically allow for up to 2,000-3,000 simultaneous calls before reaching capacity and impacting operations. NextPoint’s UCX can scale to 40,000 simultaneous calls, without complicated augmentations or upgrades.
- Migration – Many enterprises are operating with both legacy H.323 and next-generation SIP systems. NextPoint’s UCX is the only solution available that supports both protocols, so companies can execute a graceful transition to SIP without requiring an immediate, wholesale infrastructure replacement.
- Instant messaging – The UCX’s instant messaging feature supports SIMPLE (Session Initiation Protocol for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions), which enables instant messaging to move beyond traditional text-based services to incorporate the integration of voice and video communications.
- Routing - The UCX reduces the effort necessary to implement routing updates into each device throughout the enterprise by centralizing routing control in a single location.
- Availability – NextPoint’s UCX is highly available, and system failover is undetectable.
- Intelligence and insight – When coupled with NextPoint’s award-winning Quality of Service (QoS) and dynamic policy management system – the Real-Time Session Manager (RSM) – the UCX provides enterprises with real-time intelligence and insight for all communications traffic running on an IP-based network.
“The Unified Communications Exchange demonstrates NextPoint’s forward-thinking capabilities – with the support of voice, video and IM – while also showing the company’s dedication to its security-based roots,” said Catharine Trebnick, principal at America's Growth Capital. “There is an obvious demand in the market that was not being fully addressed prior to the launch of this groundbreaking solution. NextPoint’s proactive response to this demand is certain to raise awareness in the enterprise community and strengthen the company’s position as an industry leader.”
NextPoint’s UCX includes other business-critical functionality such as transport layer security (TLS), traffic management and stateful SIP dialog processing, Tel-URI support for SIP-based public and private numbering, and Network Address Translation (NAT) enhancements.
"As enterprises look to enable unified communications within their networks, they will increasingly seek assistance from systems integrators and value-added resellers as well as managed service providers,” said Joseph Fuccillo, Chief Technology Officer and co-founder of Juma Technology. “NextPoint’s UCX arms us with precisely what we need to augment enterprise skill sets and reduce implementation risk as we create the unified communications environments our clients need to thrive.”
The UCX will be available in second quarter, 2008. For additional information, please visit NextPoint Unified Communications Exchange.
NextPoint Networks (http://www.nextpointnetworks.com ) delivers global, fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) border platforms and secure interconnectivity solutions that enable mobile and fixed-line operators to interoperate. NextPoint's technology platform, products and solution suites address the evolving needs of mobile and fixed-line operators for increasing security and intelligence at the network edge by delivering secure voice, data and multimedia over a scalable platform. Over 550 service providers and enterprises worldwide use NextPoint’s IntelliConnect system across multiple, diverse network technologies and operating systems to manage technical complexities, optimize business economics, and remove partnership hurdles.
Visit NextPoint at Spring VON.x 2008 (Booth #425) and VoiceCon 2008 (Booth # 1105).
- Recent NextPoint News
- NextPoint Solutions
- NextPoint IntelliConnect® System
- NextPoint Unified Communications Exchange
- NextPoint Enterprise
+1 (703) 255-3835 (office)
+1 (703) 624-4675 (mobile)