If looking for a truly unique freestanding bathtub to use as a showpiece for the bathroom, don’t just think about design – think about material, too. Unique materials are always surprising, and a great way to add visual interest to any bathroom.
(PRWEB) December 01, 2012
HomeThangs.com – the Home Improvement Super Store has made their goal to deliver the right product to the consumer, with that in mind, shopping and home design tips, as well as special product selections are being introduced.
1. Freestanding wood bathtubs are probably the most unique types of tubs out there. Wood isn’t a common material in bathrooms, let alone for the tub, so even a simple, rustic wood bathtub like the Freestanding Cedar Tub by Alfi is sure to make a big impression on anyone that sees it.
2. Although a tub made of wood seems a little counter-intuitive because we got used to the idea to keep water off wood surfaces, wood bathtubs are more like the wood used in a sauna than a dining table – repeated exposure to water actually keeps it healthy and supple rather than damaging or warping it.
3. Wood bathtubs are really more of a throwback than an innovation, reminiscent of the kind of tubs you would haul out and fill with hot water from the stove before there was any such thing as indoor plumbing. In fact, the Oak Tub by Alfi is reinforced with three broad iron bands, giving it the impression of a barrel or cask. Of course, these are much larger than what would have been used a couple hundred years ago, but a wood bathtub is a great way to add a rustic, slightly old-timey feel to a bathroom without sacrificing any modern luxuries.
4. If one doesn’t happen to have a cabin, ranch house, or weekend getaway in the woods, that doesn’t mean a wood tub isn’t going to match existing décor and style of the house. The Oak Tub from Alfi, with it’s clean stainless steal bands, would look right at home in a spa bathroom done in matching light wood tones, especially one with a built in sauna room. It would also look pretty stunning in an Asian themed bathroom with an emphasis on the more natural, rustic aspects of the design.
5. On the exact opposite end of the spectrum is an ultra-modern innovation seen in high end custom bathrooms, but very rarely available for purchase to the general public: the glass-walled bathtub. These range everywhere from solid, totally see-through glass tubs to elegant, futuristic designs like the Luxery Glass Whirlpool Tub from Eago, which has gorgeous glass cutout style walls that make for a streamlined, sensual effect.
6. Now, glass tubs certainly aren't for the faint of heart, but if doing a modern luxury bathroom remodel, a glass walled tub like the Platinum Whirlpool from Ariel is actually a really fantastic choice. Not only are glass walled tubs totally unique looking, they also tend to come jam-packed with extra features, like whirlpool jets, chromotherapy, and built in stereo systems, which means they offer everything one could want out of a fully-loaded whirlpool tub but without the same-old acrylic design.
7. Plus, even a large tub with a smaller glass peephole like the 5’ Luxury Corner Whirlpool from Eago is a great way to tie together a glass-heavy modern decor (say, glass tile, glass shower door, and glass vanity top or vessel sink) for a sleek, unifying finish.
So if looking for a truly unique freestanding bathtub to use as a showpiece for the bathroom, don’t just think about design – think about material, too. Unique materials are always surprising, and a great way to add visual interest to any bathroom.
HomeThangs.com is not only a home improvement superstore, it also provides expert home design tips and a comprehensive shopping guide, taking the ideas from professional interior designers, and offering tips to the consumers on how to pick the products to best suit their needs.