new green graphic arts company.
Norcross, GA (Vocus) April 22, 2009
Unisource Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading distributors of paper, packaging and facility supplies in North America, in partnership with WhatTheyThink - the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry - has announced the winners of the first-ever Environmental Innovation Awards. The partnership is part of Unisource's respect™ Printers' Program and is designed to recognize companies in the graphic arts industry. The announcement was made coinciding with the 39th anniversary of Earth Day.
"We applaud all of the companies that earned this prestigious award by demonstrating their ongoing commitment and dedication to practice sustainability and implement innovative environmental solutions," said Ed Farley, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications for Unisource. "We are also very pleased with the response that we received for the Environmental Innovation Awards in its inaugural year," he said.
The winners of the five Environmental Innovation Awards are:
- Patient News Publishing, Haliburton, Ontario, Canada, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Community award, which recognizes a company that is involved in an environmentally-progressive community program.
- Quad/Graphics, Sussex, Wis., for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Plant award, which recognizes a company that is "walking the talk" in their own plant.
- Homewood Press, Toledo, Ohio, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Processes award, which recognizes a company that is implementing environmentally-sensitive processes.
- AllpakTrojan, Renton, Wash., for the Beyond Environmental Sustainability award, which recognizes a leading-edge solution or initiative involving unique creativity.
- Spirit Graphics & Printing Inc., Chula Vista, Calif., for the Thought Leader award, which recognizes a company that best represents the "new green graphic arts company."
A representative from each of these five companies will be honored at an exclusive dinner held in Atlanta on May 14, 2009. The awards ceremony will include a highlight video of the five distinguished winners, and the opportunity to share experiences with others about how their company is practicing sustainability.
"Unisource is proud to announce these awards on Earth Day - an extremely important day to reflect on how companies and individuals alike can implement small changes in their every day practices, that in the end, have a large impact on the world around us," said Farley. "It is a privilege to honor this elite group of companies who are reinventing the norm and meeting customer's expectations by providing environmentally-friendly products and services," he said.
About Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
Unisource Worldwide, Inc., (http://www.unisourcelink.com) is a leading independent marketer and distributor of commercial printing and business imaging papers, packaging systems and facility supplies and equipment in North America. Headquartered in Norcross, Ga., Unisource is one of the largest private companies in the United States and offers the most comprehensive suite of products and services in the industry. With more than 6,000 team members - including sales, customer service and technical support specialists; approximately 85 distribution centers; and a fleet of "Big Red" trucks - Unisource can deliver what your business needs when and where you want it - locally, regionally and nationally.